‘Sure thing, I will be waiting around the corner at 11… ‘

‘Bye Ben, see you then’ I smiled before shoving my phone in my pocket.

80 minutes later the bell rang and I snuck out the back way to where Ben sat in his car.

“Hey Ash” he smiled as we drove off campus.

“You know you’re lucky you don’t go to school ever. You get to do anything you want, all the time” I smiled grabbing his right hand.

“What’s this?” he smiled raising an eyebrow.

“You’re like a best friend, boyfriend, guy thing to me… We do this all the time!” I reminded him.  

“Yeah I know, were not together but we sure seem like we are. Sure we have kissed, but we both know I’m a heart breaker and your too good for me anyways” he smiled putting his arm around me.

I lay my head on his shoulder as we pulled up to his apartment.

I kicked on the door hard while fidgeting with the keys.

“This door gets stuck too much” I replied kicking the door forcing it open.

“It’s a great way to get out your anger” he winked.

I set my bag down on the couch and entered in his room. I pulled out the box of clothes I had hidden in his place –to prevent my mom from throwing out my favorite things- and searched through the large box. I pulled out my large grey knitted sweater, black skinny jeans, and my grey beanie. I slipped on my clothes as Ben sat down in the living room. I untied my hair and let it wave naturally. I walked out and sat beside him on the couch.

He put his arm around me as I rest my cheek on his shoulder.

“Stupid school…”

“I know how you feel, so let’s say we walk down to ‘Twisted’ for lunch?” he smirked looking at me.

“Yes” I smiled getting to my feet. I looked around his small apartment, it was dingy and a little messy but it felt so much more comfortable then home. To me, THIS was home. We headed back outside and I plugged in one earphone and began to play ‘Tequila Sunrise’ by Emblem3. Emblem3 was my favorite band and even Ben bought me meet and greets for their show last month. It was so amazing and even Ben enjoyed the concert. I wish I could meet them again but it was a doubt that lurked in my mind.

We arrived at ‘Twisted’ and we ordered our lunch.

I got a grilled chicken lettuce wrap – my favorite- and Dr.Pepper, while Ben ordered a burger. We split onion rings and then got some soft serve vanilla, caramel ice cream. My guilty pleasure is dipping onion rings in my ice cream, I don’t know why but I love it.

“You’re degusting…”Ben smirked at me.

“No I’m different, it’s just the way I am” I smiled taking a bite of the ice cream covered ring.

After lunch we headed over to the skate shop and I was looking at the boards.

“Whoa dude, look at this one! It a frickin blue beach vibe 0.7!”

“How much?” he asked.

I flipped the price tag and replied gulping,

“$115, it comes with a set of rare Blue Vibe wheels.”

“Sold” Ben yelled directing the worker to take it off the wall.

“For who?” I asked.

“You dummy, you said your mom took your other one, and it’s a blue beach vibe. There is like only 50 made in North America, I’m getting you that board!”

“No Ben just keep your money, it is okay!”

“I’m keeping it at my house for a bit, so your mom doesn’t take this one” he said handing the worker bills.

“Ben” I warned.

“Too late!” he said walking out of the store.

After a few hours he drove me back to my house, just after I changed back into my uniform.

It was 4:50 and I walked into my house.

“How was school?” I mom asked.

“Boring” I called walking up to my room.

“Honey I got a call, you were not in any classes today but history. What happened?” she said narrowing her eyes.

“I cut class to hang out with some girls from school” I lied.

“Girl- friends, like actually girls from your school?”

“Yeah?” I said questioningly.

“Oh honey I’m so proud of you!” she smiled wrapping her arms around me.

“Now go upstairs and get ready for the Gala, I have your dress and shoes already picked out. I ordered a stylist to do your hair and make-up!”

“Ugh…” I said rolling my eyes.

I went upstairs and the stylist started doing my make-up. I went from a basic smoky brown to a light pink eye shadow. They put lip gloss, eyeliner, mascara, and everything. My face felt heavy as they curled my hair.

I then slipped on the pink dress and the matching heels my mom and bought me.

I looked in the mirror and saw a pretty yet sophisticated girl looking back at me.

“I hate this dress” I growled.

“Go on the balcony and pose for me, we have to leave soon so hurry up!” my mom directed taking photos.

“I feel like a clown…”