Chapter 1: Who am I?

Who am I?

That's the question you've been asking yourself over and over, in the hours you've been lying here. You feel like every bone in your body has been broken. You can feel blood running down your leg, you can feel the pain of your twisted fingers.

You've attracted a crowd. You can't move your head to look at them, you've been paralyzed. You can hear them talking about why a strange girl is lying in the middle of wherever you are.

"Lady Aphmau! Come quickly!" You hear someone call. You begin to twitch, you're starting to feel again. The only parts of your body you can't move are your fingers, and your left leg. You shakily raise your head, and once your vision clears, you take in the citizens of a village crowded around you, concerned expressions on their faces.

A woman with long black hair and eyes you could only describe as orange-brown comes over, and kneels beside you.

"Hello, I am Lady Aphmau. Can you understand me?" She says. You hear her words as ringing in your ears.

"Can you hear me?" She asks. You flinch, and try to crawl away from her. You give up after a few centimetres, and turn to her.

"Yes." You choke out.

"Good." She says. "Where did you come from? You weren't here a couple hours ago." You sit up, and look around at the villagers. You decide not to answer.

"Tell me." She says, forcing you to look at her.

"Idontreallykindaknow" You say, and wrench your head to the side. Lady Aphmau sighs, and then turns to you again.

"Come to my house, we'll talk there." She says. You nod and try to get up, but wince as your leg gives out. You collapse again. A blonde haired guard walks up to Lady Aphmau.

"I'll help support her if you want." He says. Lady Aphmau nods, and they both help carry/drag/walk you to Lady Aphmau's house. You admire the giant wheat fields and beautiful houses. A couple of the villagers follow to see what's going on, but you ignore them.

Once you're inside of Lady Aphmau's giant purple house, you sit down at the table, and want to die of embarrassment. You've never needed someone to support you walking before! You take a calming breath, and force yourself to look at Lady Aphmau.

"Okay, we'll start from the top." Aphmau starts. "What's your name?"

"Uh, Y/N" Your name is the only thing you remember.

"What happened?"

"I'm really not sure. I have no memories other than being here."

"Have you ever heard of O'Khasis?" She asks.

"For some reason, I feel that name rings a bell." You say. Aphmau and her guard exchange looks.

"I'm really sorry, but for the time being, we're going to have to... Contain you, until we find you aren't a spy."

"What?!" You exclaim, and wobble to your feet, balancing on one leg. You begin to edge away. "I'll leave right now if you want me to! I wasn't planning on staying! I just woke up here!" You ramble.

"It's okay! We won't put you in a cell or anything, we'll give you house, but when you'd like to leave, I'll just have a guard accompany you, is that okay?"

You shake your head. "Can you just lead me to the exit, I'll leave immediately!"

"Not in that condition, you won't." Aphmau nods to your leg. "We'll let you leave once you've healed."

"But that will take months!" You say.

"Garroth, mind taking her to a house?" The guard seemed to blush for a moment before nodding. You limp out of the house.