Chapter 32: Addicted

A/N: Just in case, I think I should recap or explain about Natasha’s betrayal in 4 steps! :D

1. Natasha’s father owns a company called ERLA and they are becoming bankrupt. Rafferty Parker actually thinks that ERLA Company is doing well and that’s part of the reason why he wants Henry to marry Natasha. He’s friends with Natasha’s dad. (He mentions that he wants Henry to marry her in chapter 14).

2. So, Mr Parker and Natasha team together to try and break Henry and Lainie up.

3. In chapter 24, Natasha ‘looks after’ Lainie’s purse at while she dances with Keith and that is when she takes her cell phone.

4. Then, in chapter 26, she gives the phone to some media person. The phone was ‘the object’.

My hands wobbled as I searched the pockets of my jeans for my cell. I then finally remembered that Natasha had taken my phone. A groan escaped from my lips. I did not want to go back in there and face her again; I wanted to get as far away as I could. An idea then popped up in my head and I headed towards the lift to find the receptionist in the lobby.

When I reached the administration desk, the receptionist’s eyes bulged and I knew that my plan would work. “Do you think I can use the phone please?” I asked in a polite tone. Maybe I wouldn’t need to be scary.

I watched as she shifted her eyes. “Phones are only for members and workers of the-”

“I’m sure you don’t want me to fulfil my threat from last night … right?” I batted my eyelashes and made my eyes wide, so I could look innocent.

She sighed irritably and shoved the phone to me. “Hurry up. I might get fired if my boss finds out that I’m helping out people like you.”

I didn’t bother asking what that meant. “Will do,” I muttered. I stared at the phone and tried to remember Keith’s number, but I only managed to remember the first four numbers. I would have to make do with Henry’s.

It rang twice before he picked up. “Hello? Who is this?”

“Henry!” I let out a relieved sigh. “Do you think you can pick me up from somewhere?”

There was a pause from the other end of the line. “Where are you exactly?”

I smiled sheepishly, even though he wouldn’t be able to see it. “Uh … Hilton Curacao? You know the hotel?”

“How did you end up there?” Henry asked, in a rather slow tone.

I heard a cough from the other side and Keith saying, “Uh well … that was me.”

I listened in onto their conversation. “What?!” I heard Henry demand.

“She has to say goodbye to Natasha as well! I dropped her off but I got called here.”

“You left her stranded there?”

“I was going to pick her up when she rang!” Keith exclaimed defensively.

“Lainie’s cell was stolen.”

“Oh …”

I sighed exasperatedly. “Henry! Stop interrogating Keith. Do you think you could come for me or not? I could walk back or-”

“Of course,” he answered in a heartbeat. “I’ll be there in twenty.”

“Kay,” I answered. When I hung up, I gave the phone back to the receptionist, who gave me a small smirk. The nerve of her. “Trouble in paradise?”