Chapter 13: Surprises

Stretching, I rolled over to wrap my arms around my pillow. I could feel the hot sun creeping into the room and burning my back. Groaning, I held my pillow tighter, not wanting to wake up. I never knew a pillow could be so comfortable or smell so … nice. This had to be hands down the nicest pillow I’ve ever felt.

“Morning pancake,” a deep voice whispered, making me frown. The voice sounded so familiar

Opening my eyes slowly, I looked at my surroundings to find that I was in a strangely familiar room and staring at a horribly familiar face.

“AHH GET OFF ME!”

I scrambled out of bed as quickly as I could. No no no. It couldn’t be!

“Ehem, you were on me,” Henry corrected, raising an eyebrow.

“No I wasn’t!” I exclaimed, my heart pounding in my chest. This couldn't be happening!

“You were. You were cuddling me all night. I tried to pry your hands off me but wow, you’re really heavy.” Henry chuckled.

I was completely speechless. How in the world did I end up in the bed with Henry?! I tried desperately to recall the events of last night and remembered … we were all watching Inception and then … I had blacked out.

Oh dear.

Needing some way to release my horror, anger and frustration at my own stupidity, I grabbed a pillow of the bed and whacked Henry until no end, aiming it at his precious face.

“Yikes Lainie! You – ouch! Geez you’re – like – GODZILLA! OW!

I smiled evilly but my smile faded as Henry managed to wrestle the pillow from my hands. Crap. I jumped off the bed immediately and shrieked as Henry ran after me.

“You’re going to get it, pancake!”

I threw open the door to the corridor and yelped as I nearly ran smack face into a sleepy looking April.

“Hi Apr-HEY!” I turned around and elbowed Henry in the stomach. He had hit me with the pillow!

He cursed loudly. Rolling my eyes, I turned back to April who was in her red kimono. “Morning April! What are you doing here?”

“You guys are such a racket! Why are you screaming at eight in the morning?” She complained, rubbing her right eye. I guessed she wasn’t a morning person.

“Oh … I …”

“Lainie had a nightmare,” Henry lied smoothly. “I tried to get her to calm down but she wouldn’t. Then she started whacking me with a pillow! You women have serious issues.”

Hey!” April and I snapped.

Henry simply laughed.

“Just keep it down. I want to sleep!” With that, April made her way drowsily back to her room.

“You heard her. Stop screaming pancake.”

I turned around, grabbed a hold of his ear and yanked it.

“OW!”

“Listen here peanut,” I hissed menacingly. “You are sleeping on the floor from now on. Are we clear?”

My face must’ve looked like some serial killer for Henry gulped. “Well … uhh what if someone walks in on us?” He whispered nervously. “They’ll think we’re getting a divorce.”

“We’re not even married yet,” I reminded him. I felt like smacking my head.

“Oh right. Well you know what I mean. If someone, and by that I mean my mom, checks up on us during the night and sees me on the floor … what do you think would happen?”