Chapter Nineteen: Come to Terms With Yourself

"You little fucker. I'll kick your ass!"

"I'm just telling the truth. You couldn't catch me if you tried." Slender shook his head as Jeff chased Ben around the house, knife raised threateningly.

"So help me Ben. You're a dead man!" Slender chuckled, turning back to the book in his hand.

'He's certainly gotten lively again,' the being mused, glancing up to see the teen killer glaring at the computer in the corner. Ben's laughter could be heard from the machine.

"You little brat," Jeff huffed, stalking away. Ben slid halfway from the machine, a grin on his face.

"What's wrong Jeff? Tired of playing with me already?" Ben jumped as Jeff's knife slammed into wall mere inches above his head, pinning his hat to the wall. the blonde sank back almost entirely into the computer, head and hands still poking out.

"I thought you were smart enough to not pick fights you couldn't win Ben," Laughing Jack said from his place on the floor. Sally sat in his lap, reading. Slender stood with a chuckle.

"Jeff," Slender said. The teen turned, calming a bit, "how about we go for a hunt. Some individuals just entered the forest." Jeff cocked an eyebrow.

"Not usually my style," he said, "but I could use a little bloodshed. Sure." He grabbed his knife and headed for the door, the being behind him. "So I assume you'll be teleporting. Point me the right direction and I'll meet you there."

"That way," Slender replied. The teen nodded and took off. For a while Slender simply stood there, feeling Jeff's presence slip through the trees. He waited for a while before teleporting, watching the humans from his place among the trees. It was a group of five teens, two girls and three boys. One of the boys had their phone out, the light sweeping over the grass. Both girls held an actual flashlight, both huddling together.

"Jake~" One of the girls whined, "Can we go home now? Please?" The boy with the phone laughed.

"Oh come on Jessie," he said, "don't you wanna find the thing that lurks here?" The girls looked at each other, uncertain. Slender cocked his head focusing. One of the flashlights flickered and then blew. The girl holding it screamed, dropping the device to the ground.

"I don't like this," the girl said, sounding like she was on the verge of crying. Slender watched them, cocking his head as the girl with the working flashlight swept the light beam across the trees. Something cracked in the trees, far away from where Slender himself stood. The boy with the phone whipped towards it.

"What the hell?!" the boy yelled, and Slender saw the figure half hidden in the trees. "Jeezus man. What the hell are you doing in the trees like that?" Slender felt Jeff's bloodlust spike. Clearly the killer was ready for this. Jeff stepped from the trees, white hoodie slightly bloodstained. Yet the teens didn't seem to notice. "What are you lost?"

"No," Jeff said softly, "I'm not lost. I came here on purpose."

"Um...who are you?" One of the girls said, looking at him with a concerned look. Jeff laughed, the sound half thrilled and half insane. Slender gave an unseen smile, watching.

"Don't bother asking," he commented, drawing his knife, "you won't live long enough for it to matter." One of the boys stepped forward, easily larger than Jeff. Yet Jeff didn't seem fazed. He grinned, lashing out as the boy tried to speak. The knife slashed his arm, making him step back.

"You little bitch!" He growled. Slender glared, tentacles freeing themselves. One darted for the boy, lifting him into the air. He cried out, the girls screaming in terror.

"I was fine you know," Jeff commented. Though he sounded amused, not angered.

"I'm aware." With a twist the boy dropped, dead.