Chapter Nine: Continuing to Hurt

Slender woke to the feeling that something was wrong. He sat up, searching for the figure that had been beside him the previous night. Jeff was nowhere to be found. 'He wouldn't have run off again...would he?' Feeling the uneasiness settle in his stomach he got himself dressed and exited the room. The cabin was silent, no sign that anyone other than himself was awake yet. He made his way past Jack's room, unsurprised the fact that it was empty yet again, and headed for Jeff's room. He shoved the door open, the wood banging off the wall harder than he'd intended. Jeff jerked awake, glaring at him. "What the hell!" He hissed.

"Where did you go?" He asked. Jeff stared at him, dark eyes annoyed.

"None of your damn business," he huffed, "I can sleep in my own damn room thank you very much." He rolled over, grumbling in annoyance. "Just because I had a moment of weakness does not mean I wish to be in your company for extended periods of time."

'Will he ever realize that emotions aren't a weakness?' With a sigh Slender went to sit beside him, ignoring the annoyed look he sent him. Instead he simply sat there in silence, waiting for Jeff to make the first move. The teen killer stayed quiet for a moment before standing up, walking over to the bathroom. Slender did nothing, only waiting patiently until Jeff returned. His silent, patient appearance dissolved immediately when he saw the wrapping around Jeff's arm. He stood, staring as it slipped from sight under the white hoodie Jeff pulled on. "What happened to your arm Jeff?"

"None of your business," he said, brushing past him and heading for the door. Slender, not one to be cut off and dismissed, teleported in front of the teen killer and grabbed his arm. Ignoring his protests, the elder Creepypasta pulled up Jeff's sleeve and pulled of the wrappings. The bloody wound glared back at him, no longer bleeding but red and angry. Jeff looked away from him, anger radiating from him.

"What. Happened." Slender said sharply. Jeff tore his arm away, shoving his sleeve back into place.

"I said it's none of your business," he hissed. Before Slender could say a word Jeff grabbed his knife and slid past him, running off. The sound of the main door shutting signaled the teen's departure. Slender sighed and went downstairs, preparing breakfast. Jack joined him soon enough, sitting at the table eagerly. Eventually the teen picked up his whiteboard and scrawled a message.

Where's Jeff?

"He ran off again," Slender replied, "He should come back later." He paused, considering his own words. "Though Jeff has become something of a flight risk lately. Maybe letting him take off was a bad idea." Jack pointed at himself before motioning to the door. It took Slenderman a moment to figure out what the teen meant, but when it did he was surprised. "You want to go after him?" A nod. Slender sighed, contemplating the idea. "Well you're free to do as you please. However...take someone with you. I know you can all take care of yourselves but the humans have been getting brave lately. The fact that they had the audacity to actually capture Jeff to start with worries me."

"I'll go with him." He turned to see Ben leaning in the doorway, crimson irises glowing. "We'll go find your little pet for you."

"He is not-" Ben cut him off before he could continue.

"Don't pop a blood vessel," Ben said, "we'll find little Jeffie and bring him back. What made him pissy anyway?"

"We had an...argument of sorts," Slender said simply. Ben snorted, amused.

"You two act like a married couple," he stated, heading for the door. "C'mon Jack." The pair left, Ben's laugh echoing even after the door shut. Slender sighed, shaking his head.

'What did I just do...'

<><><><>

Jeff ran through the trees as fast as his legs could go, never slowing until he reached the edge. He stared out into the town, eyes sparkling with excitement. 'This was where they tried to break me. How fun tonight will be.' He thought back to his massacre in the hospital. No doubt they'd cleaned up and hired more staff, and the idea angered him. He wanted to kill again, the desire eating away at him. 'And what better place then in this wretched town?'