The Calm Before The Wake

I lean back onto Axel as we relax in the tub. No one has come to check on us, which is probably wise of them.

Neither one of us has said a word. We just close our eyes, and let the water calm us. It's very soothing actually. To feel his touch so close to my skin and be embraced by the warm water that surrounds and captures our bodies. 

I feel wet kisses being placed down my neck. I hold back the moan, as I grip Axel's leg. He chuckles.

"I love you."

"I love you," I say back.

When the water begins to get cold, and the bubbles start to deflate, I decide that it is time to get out. I gently pull myself up, and I feel Axel's hands timidly let go of me. I grab the nearest towel, trying to avoid getting water on the bathroom floor. 

"Where are you going?"

"I'm getting cold," I say.

"I could warm you up!" He says with a smirk. I turn to him.

"I'm sure you could." I say with a smirk. He blushes and get out of the water. He lets the water drain, then follows me into our room. I head to my suitcase and start pulling out an outfit. Axel does the same.

We pull out clothes in silence.

"Axel..." I begin but I struggle to find the right words. Axel looks over at me, waiting for me to continue. When I don't response, he does. 

"Yes, my Rose? What's on your mind?" He questions. 

"Axel do you know the real reason we are here?" I pray he doesn't. 

"No, I thought my family was just giving us a trip."

"Nope, they are trying to conduct some couples retreat with us." I can't help but think of the film with Vince Vaughn. But contrary to the movie, this is not the same.  "Someone in our family, either mine or yours, has gotten everyone on board. That's why we are all here. They want us to get some kick start on getting married and having children. I know that it's unusual for the King and Queen to wait this long but with everything we have had going on lately, I just don't think that I'm ready for that. I wish they could understand and respect that we will do it on our own time." I let out a breath that I was clearly holding in while trying to speak to Axel. That's when my eyes meet his. 

Axel is shaking, anger filled his eyes.

"Are you serious?" he asks me.

"Axel-"

"ARE YOU SERIOUS???"

I wiper and back away. I usually don't get so scared this easily but looking at the man that you love and seeing how effected he is by this, it concerns and scares me. Axel notices and his eyes soften. "Babe, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's okay." I say but my voice is small. 

He walks over to me and wraps me in his arms. "No, it's not. I should of never of done that. I just can't believe my family would do that! You are right. Why can't they respect that we will do it all on our own time?" 

"I know! I'm so mad." I say and then look up at him. "But I have the perfect plan." I say and smirk.

He looks down at me at first with a confused face, then smirks with me.

"Let's hear it."

"I can't believe you! How dare you call me that! I did nothing!" I shout at Axel, making sure to be loud enough for our families to hear.

Axel smiles at me with a thumbs up. I have to try hard to choke back my laugher. 

"Oh, yeah! Well it's all your fault! You are the one sneaking out every night!"

"I am not! What gave you that impression anyways" I respond to him. We have this whole script planned out. 

"Don't even lie to me! We haven't had sex in months!" He shouts at me. I just smile.

That was a good one! I say through our link.

He smiles.

"It's not my fault that I'm not in the mood."

"You are never in the mood!"

"That's a lie. Maybe the reason why we aren't having sex is because you don't do as good of job."

"Oh, and who are you comparing me too?"

I don't respond. I just scream in fake frustration.

"I, Carter Mathis, reject you Axel Williams as my mate!" I scream.

Hurt flashes in his eyes, but reality hits and he manages to calm his wolf down.  Even when the rejection is fake, it can still hurt no matter what. 

I walk to the door, wink at Axel and then walk out of the room.

My family is all crowed around the stairs when I come down. They stumble back and look at me, as I reach the top of the steps, "What are you doing out here?" I ask.

"Um..." They say and look around at each other. My mom turns to me.

"Oh, honey. It's going to be okay." YES! They fell for it.

She comes towards me and wraps me in a hug, as the door opens. Axel pokes his head out, "What's going on?"

"None of your business," I snap at him, and push through everyone.