•7•

April 15,1509

I am weak when it comes to Larry and I hate it. I can never be mad at him for long and it's sickening. But seeing his face and watching how perfectly his lips move when he speaks to me, makes me forget about all the wrong he said to me. He looked so happy when I responded to him but I made a mistake and told him that I love him too much. I do, I shouldn't even be feeling this way for my twin but I do. The love I have for him is why it's impossible to ignore him. Emmett says I have to at least try to move on because it's clear that Larry will always love someone else. But where am I going to find someone just as beautiful as Larry, just as caring as Larry, just as smart as Larry, and someone who can beat the connection my brother and I have? I don't think I'll ever find someone who makes me feel the way I do when I'm around Larry.

Mary Ann told me that love is a tricky thing but she said if Larry and I cannot be, then God will bless me with the next best thing. What if I never want the next best thing? Thinking of a life without Larry is hard because I wish to be with him from morning to night.

I tried my best to avoid seeing her but I have to fulfill my fathers orders and find out what her and her parents are up to. I wonder if Larry is still going to ask her to marry him. Thinking about it doesn't help me feel any better but it's a question I can't seem to get out of my head. I don't know how I'd feel to hear them say "I do." I don't even think I'd show my face.

All morning I've been keeping a close eye on the François family and I'm starting to think that their plan is to ambush us in our own home. I was outside of the cabin again when I heard them talking about my family and I.

"Father my plan with Larry is working. Larry and Laurent will fall apart soon. I over heard Larry say he wants to marry me, but of course Laurent wasn't okay with that."

"Just make him fall more in love with you. Theo will be highly upset to find out that my daughter and his son are going to marry soon. That'll distract him from the main reason we are here."

"Mathias I've never done something like this before. What if this whole thing backfires?"

"I have control over everything Edith, everyone knows what they have to do and if nobody ruins this, then everything will go according to plan."

"Father I'm going to see what Larry is up to. I'll let you know how today goes."

"Okay my child, I'm so proud of you. I'm doing all of this for you my darling, if this plan doesn't go my way, you can always marry yourself into being a queen."

"Let's just focus on what we have now father. Mother take it easy yeah? Everything will be fine."

I heard scuffling so I hurried back to the castle to inform Larry about what I've heard before she finds him. He's not going to be too happy about this but he has to know that she isn't truly in love with him. I knocked on his bedroom door, hoping he was in there and thankfully he was. When he opened the door he had the biggest smile on his face and it almost made me forget why I came to his door in the first place. Once he let me in, I wasted no time to tell him the bad news.

"Larry we need to talk and it's not good."

His smile turned into a frown, making me feel uneasy.

"What's wrong? You changed your mind about giving our relationship a chance again? If so, Laurent I ment it when I said I was sorry okay? I-"