•3•

April 13,1509 ~ Midnight

I can't sleep. I can't seem to find a comfortable spot on my bed which is causing me to huff and puff. I looked at Larry's side of the room and he's sound asleep curled up into a fetal position. He looks so sad, but why would he be? I rub my eyes bringing my fingers to my temples. I can't think about him right now. I need to go for a walk. I got up quietly out of the bed, put on something warm, and went outside by the tables. Getting a big breath of fresh air made me relax a little. I smell rain in the air, but I hope it doesn't rain soon. I'm enjoying this light cool breeze and I wish to not get my hair wet.

I sat outside for a few more minutes then made my way inside to the kitchen for a snack. I was soon accompanied by Emmett, "I'm sorry sir. I did not know you'd be in here. Can I get you anything?"

"No, I'm fine. Please stop calling me that."

"Stop calling you what, sir?"

"Sir! Stop that! You know my name. I tell you, all of you, all the time to just call me Laurent when we're alone!"

"I'm sorry-"

"Don't apologize either! Just say okay, okay?"

"Okay."

He goes to the cabinet and brings a big bottle and two cups. He takes the seat next to me. He looked at me for a second then sighed. He poured the liquid into both cups and handed me one. I took it and smelled it. It had a sweet smell, but the more I smelled the sweet smell soon went away.

"What is this?"

"It's a little something I made. I drink it to relax. Go on and have a sip. You'll like it."

I took a sip and it was sweet at first, tasted like berries, but then it burned my throat. It caused me to cough.

He laughed patting my back, "I make it pretty strong, sorry."

"Pretty strong is an understatement. It's good though."

"Yeah, I can see you needed it."

"What do you mean?"

"I can see sadness in your eyes. Something is wrong, but I will not ask any questions."

"Thank you-"

"But if you need to talk you can speak to me, Laurent."

"I-I don't know...you'd probably look at me different."

"Could do no such thing. I wouldn't dare think about judging you."

"I am in love with someone, someone very close to me, well who used to be close to me, and I swear I don't want to be in love with this person. I still do not understand how it is possible to feel the way I do yet, but I know they are there and I do not want them. But I can't seem to get rid of them."

"Why do you want to get rid of them? Isn't being in love supposed to be an amazing adventure?"

"I don't think this love is going on an adventure. I think it lost it's ticket."

"May I ask who this person is?"

"I think you know..."

"I have an idea, but I don't know if it's the right one."

I sighed heavily, "It's Larry."

"Well, I was wrong then. Can I be honest with you?"

"Oui."

"I can see now how it could be him. I see the way you look at him and how jealous you get. The way you both argue too. It is a giveaway I suppose."