"How was your trip?"

"It was great". She said smiling.

"Why didn't you call me to pick you up?" It would be a good distraction, and if I knew she was coming, I would have had time to think of what to say to her.

"Oh, it's ok. I called Max. We actually spend the day together," she told me shyly. That made me smile a little. At least on of us is happy.

"So what you two did together?" I asked.

"We ate something and then we went to the movies."

"So you two had fun?" I need to keep both of us busy because I didn't want to remember all the time I spent with Adrian.

"Yes, Vicky, you won't believe how sweet he is. He's always telling me how beautiful I am and asking if I'm cold and stuff like that". That made my chest hurt even more. Even though we weren't a couple, Adrian used to do all those things. I gave her a sad smile.

"Ok, what's wrong," she demanded.

"Nothing's wrong, Leah."

"Yeah, right, and I'm Santa. I know you for my whole life so don't try to lie to me. Is it some guy?" Why does she have to know me so well? I didn't know what to say, so she took it as a yes.

"I knew it. Who is he and what happened?"

"He's not from our school". I didn't want to lie to her, so I tried a way out, hopping that she would fall for it. "We spent some time together and I started to have feelings for him," I told her.

"What you mean, you spent time together? How did you two meet?"

"As friends, at least I thought so. We talked a lot, he took me to a beautiful place where he uses to go to think, and I met his friends. Until one day he kissed me and walked away saying he was sorry," I explained sadly, trying to avoid her second question. Thinking about all of this was too hard.

"Oh my god. What a jerk. Didn't you two talk after that?" She asked.

"He tried, but Leah, he's a player. I don't wanna be anywhere near him again."

"Yeah, I get that." At this point Leah glanced at her watch and her eyes widened. "Listen why don't you come with me to my house so we can finish this conversation during dinner?"

I froze. Adrian could be there.

"No, Leah, I'm not felling that well," I replied.

"I thought you were better? If you're still feeling bad, I'm sure we need to talk to you mom..." She started but I cut her off. I know Leah would talk to my mom and she wouldn't leave me alone.

"Can't we just order something?" I tried to find a way out.

"Nope." She shook her head and I sighed. I really hope Adrian's not there, but I can't hide forever.

"C'mon," she said getting up.

I sighed, and followed her. I let my mom know I was going to Leah's house and we left. When we arrived there we headed straight to the kitchen.

My heart stopped for a second when I saw Adrian. He turned when Leah spoke. "Hey brother, Vicky's eating with us if that's ok," she told him and he nodded. Leah must have asked him to make dinner

At this point he looked direct at me, as if realizing I was there. Our eyes met but he just said a small 'hi' and I nodded back. I couldn't pretend I didn't know him with Leah standing right next to us.

"Can you get the dishes, I'm just finishing here," he told us but his eyes never left mine.

"Sure" Leah replied, completely unaware of what was happening. I was finally able to look away from him and we started to get everything ready. I could hear my heart beating in my ears and I was struggling to concentrate on the plates I had in my hands.