13

Michael's pov

I sat in my low lot apartment waiting on Calum to get back to his so I could talk to him. I was nervous and I could feel a panic attack coming. I tried to stop it by thinking of the news Calum just told me. Part of me always knew Calum was gay. I was so happy for him. But now was my chance for happiness. I was going to fight and I was going to do this. My phone buzzed signaling I was getting a FaceTime. I answered it and instantly seen Calum's face.

"What's up?" He asked.

"I-I like Skyler and I'm going to see her."

"Wait what?" Calum said.

"I'm going to see her." I said again.

"You see her everyday Michael. What do you mean?" He asked.

"I mean I'm going to come out of this damn room and see her." I said.

"Oh my god! Wait! Can I come in?" He asked.

I thought for a moment. I liked a girl and I was going to see her so why couldn't I see my best friend?

"Yes." I said.

Calum squealed and I seen him running for his door. He walked in the hall trying not to draw attention to himself. Then he ended the call and I heard him knock. I opened the door and pulled him in. We took a good long look at each other. We hadn't properly seen each other like this in a little over a year. Calum's eyes began to fill with tears and be covered his mouth.

"Michael." He whispered.

I pulled him into a tight hug and we stayed like that for the longest. I finally had my best friend and I was about to have a girl who made me feel actually normal.