3

The next morning I made myself some eggs and bacon and began to eat them alone. Just as I was about to take my second bite someone knocked on my door. When I opened it I was surprised to see Calum.

"Um hey, I just figured you would want some company for breakfast." He said.

He was holding a bowl of cereal.

"Sure! I need to ask you something anyway."

"Oh okay." Calum said walking on and sitting in the other bar stool.

"So um- the lady next door to your friend said-"

Calum began to laugh.

"What?" I asked.

"She told you crazy stories about Michael didn't she?" He asked.

Michael! That's it!

"Maybe." I answered.

"She's a gossiping old lady. She made up all of those stories. Michael just-he likes to be a secret. He's shy and had bad anxiety." Calum explained.

"Okay." I said.

"So I'm guessing you like candy." Calum laughed referring to my many bags of candy at the end of the bar.

"Yeah." I laughed.

"Michael's never had candy before. I could never get him to eat it." He sadly smiled.

"Hmm." I mumbled.

We are the rest of our food in silence the Calum said he needed to go check on Michael soon. I showed him out then sat down on the couch. The red headed boy named Michael was once again all I thought about that day.