Chapter Twenty Three | The Return to Hell

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE~
THE RETURN TO HELL

I woke up absolute silence. I stretched leisurely, trying to procrastinate since it was the first day back to school. Briefly I glanced at the clock by my side.

8:15 a.m.

Crap, I was late. I must have forgotten to set my alarm after weeks of not needing it.

I jolted up and dashed off my bed, nearly falling into a mess of blanket.

Dammit! I hadn't even packed my bag yet!

I dashed around my room, stuffing random items into my bag. Textbooks, pencil case, binders, and my USB all got jumbled together in my bag.

Where was Soraya too? If my alarm didn't go off, she'd be at my house to wake me up.

Grabbing my phone, I dialled her number as I snatched up a granola bar and a juice box.

Just as the fourth tone went, a frantic knocking reached my ears. I ran to the front door, stuffing my socks and shoes on.

"Celia!" I heard Soraya's muffled voice.

I flung open the door, exiting and locking quickly.

"Hey! Sorry, alarm didn't go," I apologized.

"Me neither."

"Well, let's get moving!" I said, making a grand, sweeping gesture towards the road.

"Woot, woot! School's in!" Soraya shouted as we walked.

I grinned at the familiarity of it all. "Yeah, I'm really excited," I voiced out.

"I'm just annoyed because it's Friday! Why are they making us come back to school now? Why can't they restart on Monday? It makes no sense."

"All the students are going stir-crazy, so the sooner the better. Besides, the more days they can cram in, the less it'll cut into our summer."

"Do you think we'll have to present our projects today?" Soraya asked thoughtfully.

"Hopefully, I worked really hard on mine," I said, thinking of my video which mainly held funny moments in our time together.

"I want to see yours! You've been keeping it under wraps for so long! Has no one seen it?" Soraya demanded with an irritated groan.

"My mom has," I commented thoughtfully. "But she wanted me to add personal things I promised I wouldn't talk about."

"Did you?"

I sighed, still regretting it, "Yeah, but I made that a separate file on a different USB and showed that to her."

"Smart girl."

I grinned, my mood shifting, "Oh, I know. I'm absolutely brilliant."

Suddenly I realized that I'd have to face James today. After the other say, I wasn't sure if I was ready for that. I already had a plan in mind, take it in stride and go with the flow but it was still a scary thought.

"You alright Celia?" Soraya inquired with concern, catching on to my mood.

I coughed. I hadn't exactly told Soraya yet and I had no doubt that she would freak out.

"So... James and I might have... kind of sort of kissed the other day?" I informed her, bracing myself for impact.

"WHAT? WHEN? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?" she screamed, shamelessly.