Chapter TWO

Chapter TWO

No matter how much Ibiki scowled, Sakura just wouldn't let him go.

Then again, he had learned from Kakashi that she couldn't exactly see him, so maybe that was why.

But wasn't she supposed to be able to see chakra? Then why couldn't she see his chakra boiling in annoyance?

"We should get going now." Kakashi decided. The last of the camping equipment had been put away, and everyone was just standing around, waiting for Kakashi to finish his current chapter.

Sakura was hanging from Ibiki's neck. Some nonexistent person had nominated Ibiki to carry the girl on the way back and no one seemed to have a problem with it.

"Ibiki?"

Sakura prodded.

Ibiki grunted.

Sakura just giggled and tightened her grip.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .       

The moment they stepped into the village, people stopped what they were doing to stare at them. Well, more like, stare at Ibiki.

Sakura had fallen asleep sometime during their return trip and was now being carried by an reluctant Ibiki. The scarred man snarled at some random Chunin who dropped the scroll he had been reading, then proceeded to take the roof top to the Hokage's office.

The news of Ibiki carrying a child would spread like a wildfire.

The earlier he could get rid of her, the better, or so he told himself.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .       

At Minato's office, Kakashi gave a brief report on what had happened.

The Hokage then turned to Ibiki, who gave a short version on how he had met the girl in the forest.

"The Haruno clan was wiped out a year or so ago." Kakashi said. "I was on the team that was sent out to investigate." The Haruno clan village had been located South East from Konoha, between the Fire country and the Water country. "We didn't find any survivors, just puppets left behind by the presumed attacker."

"There isn't much information available on the Haruno clan's chakra vision. We don't know how much they can see, and how much they can't see." Ibiki had said, albeit begrudgingly, on Sakura's behalf. "Someone's going to have to stick with her for a while."

Minato frowned for a second, before he nodded. "Very well. Konoha shall take in the girl." He smiled. "Kushina's always wanted a girl. I'm sure she'll agree to take in the girl for a while until she is either old enough to take care of herself, or until proper accommodations can be made."

Sakura chose that moment to wake up.

Ibiki sighed when the girl whacked him across the face when stretching. She blinked a few times, looking around curiously.

Her eyes widened and she looked around rapidly, as if she had just noticed where they were.

She struggled out of Ibiki's grasp, gasping when she landed in a heap on the floor. She patted at the ground curiously, then wobbly got to her feet. She grasped the sleeve of Ibiki's black coat, ignoring his futile attempts to yank it free.

"Where are we, Ibiki?"

"Konoha." Ibiki turned the girl around to face an amused looking Minato. "That's the Hokage."