The Wedding Shower

2017
"Do we have everything, Mallaki?" Hayley asked, carrying a box of chocolate dipped strawberries. Mallaki nodded and helped Hallie with a big thing of pink lemonade. "Why are we doing this on the Fourth of July?" Hayley asked, grunting as she tried picked up another box filled with Oreos. Nick picked it up for her. "I love it when you make attractive noises." He teased, kissing her lightly in the noise. She smiled and kissed his cheek. "Now can we get back to reality here. Why do we have so much food?" Mallaki asked. The three gasped. "You can never have too much food." Hayley retorted. Mallaki shook his head. "I may be fat, but at least I'm happy." Hayley muttered. Nick scoffed. "Don't insult yourself. Food is a great thing." He corrected her. She rolled her eyes. "Hallie, I can't wait for your wedding. Then, everyone will start getting married. Then we can actually do our job." Hallie looked jaded. "I don't know. I hope it turns out the way it should. Because sometimes it just doesn't." Hayley shook her head. "I'm  sure it will. You two are deeply in love, and that's all that matters." Hallie smiled, and the two got into Mallaki's car. Hayley leaned on Nick's shoulder and rested her head there. She was too tired from all the cooking and baking of the night before. Ever since everyone moved out, it was peaceful. Then, it became exhausting when you had to do things. Nick wrapped an arm around her, and kissed the top of her head. "I can't wait to relax." He told her. "I second that." She laughed. They looked at each other in a knowing way. Hayley smiled in a shy manner, and ended up covering her face. "Why do you cover your face when you smile? You're beautiful." He asked. "Because I don't like the way my face looks when I smile." She replied, her face falling. He grabbed it. "I think you're beautiful no matter what." He told her. He kissed her lips before letting go of her face. She smiled, and hesitated to not cover her face. Soon enough, they were at the river, where Carlie and Andy had everything nicely set up for a movie night. Alex and Kayla came soon after. "I can't wait to ditch you when it gets dark." Alex teased. Kayla made a face. "Why would you do that? Don't you love me?" She asked. "I was just teasing you babe." He laughed, grabbing her waist. They kissed for a few seconds, then helped out. Rosalyn and Bender finally arrived. Rosalyn had everyone's gifts, because nobody felt like dealing with them. Everyone sat on the blankets laid out by Carlie and Andy. It was going to be fun, and Hayley was sure of it.