Part 10

FYI - This chapter is unedited.  So sorry for the delay.  I welcome your feedback, comments, etc.  Thanks.   

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 23

For two months everything seemed to be in sync, however, in March there was a turn of events.

“Good morning,” Trey said as he bent over to kiss Angelic.

“Morning,” she sleepily replied back and yawned as she spoke. “Trey, don’t forget that my ultrasound is scheduled for this afternoon at one-thirty. You’ll be there, right?”

“Don’t worry baby, it’s been marked on my calendar from the day we scheduled it; and besides, Janet would never let me forget. So don’t worry your beautiful little head. I’ll be there with bells on. You know I’m excited to find out what our little bundle is,” he said as he tweaked her nose and got out of bed.

“Good and when you get to work tell Janet thanks for having my back,” she said with a huge smile on her face.

Trey waved her off and laughed as he went into the bathroom to take a shower.

Angelic drifted back to sleep while Trey got ready for work. It wasn’t until Angel woke her for breakfast that she realized he had left. “Angelic, will Trey still be meeting you at the hospital?”

“Yes Aunty, why do you ask?”

“Would you mind if I dropped you off about half-hour earlier than what we planned? My hairdresser phoned and asked if I could move up my appointment. I told her to let me check and that I would call her right back.”

“Of course I don’t, please, call her back and confirm your appointment. I want to keep you looking beautiful.”

“Thanks baby; we’ll be leaving out at exactly eleven forty-five – that gives you approximately two hours to eat and get ready,” Angel said as she walked out the door.

“I’ll be ready,” Angelic shouted.

As promised, Angelic was bathed, dressed, and ready to go when Angel entered Angelic’s bedroom. Angel grabbed up the demolished tray of food and took it down to the kitchen before they left out. Since Angelic was early, she decided to go to the cafeteria and have a cup of tea to pass some time. On the way there she bumped into Carrington Howell who happened to have been coming from an appointment.

“Angelic, oh my goodness, Angelic Moretti, it is you! It has been a long time. I would ask how you are, but from the looks of it I see you have been busy. Just think, I could have been you now,” Carrington bellowed.

'What! Did this bitch really have the audacity to say that to me,' Angelic angrily thought.

“Oh, I’m sorry, that was rather rude. I really didn’t mean anything by it.”

As she tried to keep her cool, Angelic replied, “Its okay, sometimes things stupidly come out before thinking, right?”

Unfazed, Carrington replied, “That’s right, thank you for being so understanding. It really is good to see you, baby and all. When I ran into Trey a couple of months ago he mentioned you were expecting. How far along are you?”

“Five and half months,” Angelic reluctantly answered.

“Well, you look great.”

Angelic was just about to end this reunion when something in Carrington’s conversation caught her ear. “You know, when Trey and I were on the plane, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.” As soon as Angelic heard the word plane come out of Carrington’s mouth, everything else became obsolete.