Chapter 25: Hardcore Violence and Temporary Silence

Start from the beginning

Aly's face erupted into shock. "Oh my god. You can't be serious?"

"I thought we agreed we weren't gonna tell anyone," I hissed at him.

Callaway shrugged. "I'm unable to recall us agreeing on anything apart from the fact that I'm now your boyfriend."

I tugged forcefully at my hair in exasperation whilst Aly looked like she was having a seizure.

Her arms flailed wildly as she spoke, "People are gonna freak out when I tell - "

"You are not telling this to anyone."

I was surprised as the words left Callaway's lips.

Aly's lip protruded as she pouted. "But you just told me and basically your whole French class."

"The occurrence in French class was a joke and I only told you because I believed Chance was trusting of you. But I shouldn't have done anything without conferring with him first." Callaway stared at me as he spoke. "And so I am relatively certain he would not appreciate anyone additional knowing. Am I correct?"

I shook my head in agreement.

Aly glared at Callaway. "Fine. But people have money running on this you know."

"How much?"

I shoved Callaway in the side at his words, he laughed at me.

"What?" He sniggered. "I'm curious in knowing how much our homosexuality is worth."

"A lot," Aly answered, eyes wide in amazement.

That statement made Callaway laugh even harder. "Hear that, Cha? We're worth millions."

I rolled my eyes at him, pushing down the temptation to kiss him. I had to remind myself that I was in the middle of a crowded, student ridden cafeteria.

"So like how did this go down?" Aly inquired, eyes alight with curiosity. "Was Callaway drunk? I bet he was. Was it like - really dramatic and heart wrenching, like in one of those cheap paperback romances?"

"Chance admitted he loved me. I did not react accordingly. Problems ensued. And then we almost had sex in Chance's kitchen," Callaway drawled, painfully nonchalant.

"We did not!" I spat, attempting to prevent the looming disaster that I was sure was to come.

Aly looked caught between maniac laughter and utter shock.

Though the former of the two won as her cackling filled the room.

"I can't believe . . . my ex-boyfriend and . . . " She pointed at Callaway," you! Oh my god."

I peered in terror.

"I'm only . . . laughing," She wheezed, "because otherwise, I'd be . . . sobbing."

"Well then," Callaway intoned, disgusted as he turned back to his phone.

I did nothing but clench and unclench my jaw - over and over. I was at a loss. Aly's reaction was neither surprising nor unwarranted. But I still had no idea what to do.

"Wow - my life sucks." Aly, wiped at her eyes as she laughed more. "But yay for gay, I guess."

I ran a risk, meekly asking, "Uh, Aly - are you . . . okay?"

Callaway glared at me.

"I'm - I'm fine." Aly's voice quivered. "I am happy for you guys. Well - I'm trying anyway."