Mutts

We stop. Our breathing steady.
Thump, thump, thump. My heart feels like its hitting my chest.

We hear moving in the trees, as night time comes. Its dark out, and all Cato and I hear is heavy breathing, and loud thumps on the ground, with bushes moving quickly.

Cato looks at the bushes and squints his eyes, right then a mutt jumps out and he wrestles it. I shoot an arrow in its stomach to give us some time.

Cato and I run. We finally get to the cornucopia with the mutts right on our toes.

He helps me up, and then I help him up as we stand on the cornucopia trying to catch our uneven breaths.

Suddenly I feel someone choking me.

I try and catch my breath, but I can't. Cato turns around and just as my eyes start closing he stabs the person with his sword in the head and pushes them off the cornucopia.

I feel the ground disappear under my feet, but then someone grabs my wrist but its too late.

I slam into the ground just as my breath is took away.

I look up and all I see is mutts coming closer, and closer, and closer to me.

I then see Cato and he's screaming something at me. But I can't hear him, just a little bell in my ear.

He has tears on his face, and he's shaking his head as he yells at me.

Just when the mutts get to me, I hear him.

"Katniss, I love you!"

Then the mutts attack me.

Tearing me apart inch by inch, and all I can do is scream, an ear piercing scream.

As they tear away, it feels like time stops, and I remember the note.

"Katniss you have to win, you have to win for Prim, put up a fight, and a good one."

"Help me!" I scream and Cato just stands there helpless staring at me with tears running everywhere.

Soon the mutts leave except for one.

The last mutt digs into my arm, just like the others did.