The note and Cato

Dear Katniss,

You've made it very far in this game, and I believe you will win. A girl from an outlying district is different, very rare. You have hope. Hope is powerful Katniss. Spend it carefully. President Snow has been watching you and told me to tell you, "Good luck."

He believes in you too. So Katniss as this game ends, remember who you can trust and who you can't. The odds are in your favor. But somebody else has the odds in their favor. Do what Rue would. Cato. I can't stand him but he has the odds in his favor too, remember do what Rue would.

Play the game. Play the game how your supposed too. Win.

Stay alive,

Haymitch.

Play the game how your supposed too? What does that mean?

I look at Cato who's still sleeping and he has a big cut down his cheek.

I bite my lip, and jump down from the tree after applying medicine to my face.

I grab rope and take my knife in my hand. I walk up to Cato, carefully.

I wrap rope around his mouth, hands, and ankles. I then knot them very tightly and that wakes him up. He looks up at me blood dripping very badly.

He starts to get up but then realizes he's trapped. He starts to fight the rope but then gives up.

I put my knife down on the ground and kneel beside him. He looks at me his icy blue eyes catching mine before I look away at his wounds.

I take some medicine and put it on his cheek as I see him clench his jaw.

I take the rope out of his mouth so he can talk.

"What are you doing?" He asks me glaring.

"I'm putting medicine on your cheek, your bleeding horribly," I say to him.

"Why? It'd be easier for you to just let me go," he says and I look at him.

"I'm only doing it because I know Rue would," I say to him and his face stays emotionless.

"Rue? The girl from District 11," he says and then he looks at me shocked.

"Marvel, he killed her," he says not to me but himself in a quiet way, he almost looks mad.

"Yes, and I killed Marvel, who killed Rue, who helped me," I say through gritted teeth. (A/N see that a little bit of Mockingjay part 2 action, I've seen it twice in less than a week, cause I love it.)

He looks at me and smirks, "So now your helping me but don't you realize we killed Rue?"

"Shut up," I say and slap his cheek hard where his cut is and he groans clenching his jaw.

"Didn't know District 12 could be that powerful, especially a girl who volunteered for her sister," he says and smirks.

"She has a name," I say the ought gritted teeth.

"I wouldn't know I'm a career who
don't care, trained my to care," he says and looks around.

I turn around to see the boy from district 9 throwing a sword at me, and the girl from 9 throws a knife at me.

I shoot them all and shoot an arrow at the sword as it goes and it's the forest floor, but the knife hits me through my shoulder by my collar bone.

I grit my teeth but don't make a sound and see Cato look at me shocked. Probably because when I slapped him he groaned but when I have a knife go through my shoulder by my collar bone I make no sound.

"Let me take it out," he says and I shake my head. I will not take the rope off of his hands, I can't trust him, not a career.

"Look that would've been me if you hadn't of come and helped me, I would've been dead without even having a shot to fight," he says and looks at my arm and frowns.

"I-I," I start but I can't talk the pain is excruciating, and I want to scream.

"Shhh," he says and looks at me, "Steady your breathing," he says and I glare.

"I know what to do my mother is a healer!" I say to him mad.

I use my good arm and take the rope off his hands and he smiles at me.

He takes his hands and puts one on my collarbone and the other on my arm holding me steady, then takes his hand and grabs the knife that's in my shoulder.

He starts yanking it out and I take his arm and dig my nails into it and soon the knife is out.

"You'll need to clean that," he says stupidly.

"No da smart one," I say and take the medicine and put it on my shoulder, and collar bone.

"Your arm will be numb and you won't be able to use it," he says and takes his shirt off and wraps it around my arm and shoulder.

I watch him as he carefully does this and ties it. He goes through my backpack and finds another shirt and puts it on.

He looks at me and says, "I'll help you, since you helped me."

"No, I don't want people owing me," I say and he looks at me.

"I know," he says and smirks.

He grabs my knife and cuts the rope off his ankles.

He stands up and grabs me by my good arm and puts me on his back.

"Where are we going?" I ask him.

"Well Katniss we're going to just walk around," he says.

"I thought you said you don't care to know anybody's names," I say.

"I'll always know your's girl on fire," he says and I smile.

I'm the Girl On Fire.

And I guess Cato's my new ally.

I remember what Haymitch told me in the note and I suddenly feel cold.

I have to stay strong and win. For Prim.

💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥🔥

Hehehe. I surprised even myself with how long this chapter is!

How was it?

Comment what ya think/ vote!

Thanks!

😂Hailey😂