Chapter 37: Deceptive Dancing

Hey,
HAPPY CHRISTMAS!
So this is the final chapter 😢 but don't worry because I will update the sequel called Peter's Lily as soon as this is updated. You will be able to access it through my profile and it is called "Peter's Lily", with a cover in the similar style to my last book, or through the search bar. Please read it if you enjoyed this book, I just didn't want to write a book that went on forever.
For more information, see the authors note on the next updated which will be updated immediately.
Please note that I wanted to start the next book straight off from where I left off, so this chapter has been added to the next book- don't be confused!
Please find and read the sequel and vote and comment.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧

'It's going to be alright, Henry, I promise,' I told him, my hand finding his to give his fingers a small, gentle squeeze. He sent me a wavering smile, having sensed the tension between me and Pan, but it was clear that Henry didn't properly trust me yet.

'I know, my family are coming to get me. We always find each other.' I sent him another reassuring smile, understanding why he was the owner of the Heart of the Truest Believer. Secretly, I wanted to meet such a family that cares for Henry this much. I wondered what it would feel like to have people to protect you so that you didn't have to learn to survive on your own.

'I want to help you and your family, Henry.' I said proudly, hoping that he would believe I could make a difference, that we could win before he gives up hope.

'Why should I trust you?' Henry asked me suddenly and it felt like a dagger to my stomach, because I had suffered so much to protect him. I had been violated by Pan, beaten my Pan and Pan even tried to poison me.

'Because I'm all you've got. You have to trust me. You have to believe me, or you have nothing. Everyone else here you know would lie to you.' I pointed out.

'Then why should I believe you are any different?' Henry demanded and I grinned, pleased that he was clearly at least somewhat intelligent. Intelligence was required when playing one of Pan's games.

I shrugged and replied brutally honestly, 'You can't. But that doesn't bother me. I know that, regardless of how you see me, I'm going to help you. I won't let Pan do anything without trying to stop him first. I'm not blindly loyal.'

'My family are coming for me, you could help them.' Henry suggested, assertively deciding that his family would somehow get to Neverland and then, even more unlikely, have a chance at defeating Pan. My eyes turned to face him, from where I was trying a not around something that was growing. I had no idea what it was. When I was a native, we ate hunted animals and gathered fruit, we never grew things or harvested them.

'We're you're family now, Henry.' I sighed kindly.

'No you're not!' He replied stubbornly. 'I don't need the Lost Boys. I don't need you and I don't need Pan. My family never give up on each other, we always rescue each other. They'll come.'

I looked into the fire, grinning to myself, 'I can see why you have the Heart of the Truest Believer, not many Lost Ones believe their family will come for them by now. I knew the family I once had could never defeat Pan. I knew they wouldn't come for me. They couldn't try, and even if they could, they shouldn't. It's too dangerous; Pan is lethal with his enemies. He plays games before he destroys them, like a fox plays with his food.'

'You mean that you're family didn't try to help you, that there was no use? Is your family not the natives that loved you and would repeatedly rescue their Princess?' Henry gasped, his eyes full of horror.