A little toddler who looked to be around 2 years old, tugged on Landyn's jeans. His little arms reaching up when Landyn looked down at him, demanding to be held. Landyn swooped the toddler up and blew raspberries on his little belly causing the baby to burst into a fit of giggles.

I felt a tug on my hand and looked down at the little girl who seemed to be around 3 years old. Her green eyes shyly looked up at me and she lifted her arms up. I gently let go of the other little girls hands and picked her up. One finger went in her mouth while the other hand grabbed a strand of my hair.

"Pretty," she said with a shy smile.

I grin and grab a strand of her honey blonde hair. "Pretty."

She giggles and throws her arms around my neck, laying her head on my shoulder.

My eyes avert back to Landyn only to find he's staring at me. One boy is now on his shoulders while he holds the same toddler in his arms. His amber eyes are soft as we stare at each other.

"Alpha Landyn," A brown haired little boy shouts. "Is that your Luna?"

My eyes widen and I look back to Landyn, wondering what his answer will be.

His eyes are still on me as he says, "that's up to her."

His words cause my breathing, and heartbeat to accelerate. I just looked at him, studying his huge and masculine physique. The past four years have been good to him, that's for sure. But the way he handled the little boy with such care surprised me. I had never seen what Landyn was like around children and I could feel a warmth inside me. It was pushed back though.

Family.

Right, the real reason we're here. Landyn seems to snap out of it also and jerks his head towards the camp. I follow with the little girl asleep on my shoulder and others trailing behind me, talking amongst themselves.

A woman with long honey blonde hair walks up to me. I could tell she was the little girls mother.

"I apologize," she says with a soft smile. "She can be a little demanding when it comes to being held." Her hands gently take the sleeping little girl from my arms.

"No apology needed. She's very cute," I chuckle. "What's her name?"

"Bo."

"That's beautiful." A very unique name. I liked it.

"Thank you." Her smile widens and green eyes twinkle. "I should probably go put her down. It was nice to meet you..."

"LeeAna." I inform her.

"LeeAna. I'm Sky." We talk for a few more seconds before she bids good bye and I continue down the path Landyn went.

I find him standing in front of a tipi, talking to Elaine. Wait, Elaine? How? Okay, now I'm really curious. As I near them, Elaine spots me and their conversation stops.

"Everything okay?" I ask. Landyn looks at me and nods. I didn't miss the pointed look he gave Elaine before taking a step back and allowing me to speak with her.

"Landyn has told me why you are here," she says. Elaine's hair had grown so long, it almost touched the floor even in a braid.

"And?" I ask, hopefully. "What do you think?"

She crosses her pale arms and frowns in thought. "We haven't been involved in a battle for centuries. We are not warriors, we are peace makers. Plus, this isn't our war. Helping you win would be a favor that could put the coven and our families at risk."

"Hundreds of Lycan lives are at risk. They have my family, Elaine." My voice was becoming frantic.

"I understand. I cant give you an answer today. The coven leaders will decide whether we help but no promises, LeeAna. Your mother is a dear friend of mine but I wont go against my coven." Her voice was stern.

"That's all I ask," I sigh. "Just, please inform them how many Lycan lives and families are at stake."

Elaine nods. "Will do. You and Landyn must be sleep deprived. We have a place set up for you two and you can stay their for the night."

Hell yes, I was so tired. The circles under Landyn's eyes tell me he was too. He stood quietly with his arms crossed that entire conversation. His curly hair unruly and sticking up all over. I probably didn't look any better.

Elaine led us to another tipi across the camp. People look at us as we pass but continue doing whatever they were. Landyn towered over everyone here, even the men. Maybe that's why the children liked him so much.

Once we reach the tipi, Landyn stops and turns to me. "I forgot to get our bags. Be right back." I nod.

I wasn't really concerned about sharing a tipi with Landyn. I knew we would sleep on different sides.

Elaine opens the flap and motions me inside. I follow, ducking my head because of the low opening.

"I know you are curious." I turn to Elaine and raise my eyebrows. "About why the children and I know Landyn." I nod for her to continue. "He found out who I was two years ago. He's been visiting since then, playing with the children and staying at our festivals."

"Why?" I'm surprised and a little weirded out.

"He missed you. I think he wanted to be around something different, more... happy. Even the strongest Alphas can be miserable."

Landyn enters the tipi with two duffle bags. "Thank you for your hospitality, Elaine."

She only nods and looks me in the eyes. The way she looked told me she had something very important to tell me, and she couldn't do it around Landyn.

--------------------------------------------

I awoke to a dim light shining on my face. Well, that and Landyn's snores. He must have been really tired because I'm positive the whole coven heard his snores. Not wanting to wake him, I slip out of my pajamas and into some real clothes before going outside. People were already up and doing chores. A few bid me good morning which I happily returned. I decided to head towards Elaine's tipi and see if any news had come.

She was standing outside talking to three women in white ponchos. They must have been the leaders. Their hair was the same white blonde color as Elaine's. She spotted me and motioned me over. I hesitantly walked near them.

When all three turned to me, my eyes widened a little. All of them had silver eyes. They were petite women but I could practically smell the power coming off them.

"LeeAna Harrison," the one in the middle stated. "Elaine has informed us of your troubles. She says you need our help." I nod. "You do understand what we would be sacrificing by helping the Lycans. Yes, we have a treaty but that does not mean we owe you any favors."

"I know but-"

"But nothing," the witch on the right says loudly. "Our coven would be a target to the black witches. They would kill every member down to the last innocent baby. They show no mercy and if they found out you even asked this favor of us..."

"Calm yourself, Edon," witch on the left states softly. "She's only looking after her kind. They have taken her family. You would be equally as desperate for help."

"I will not agree to this, Claudia. Helping get her family back puts ours at risk," Edon says.

They all look at each other, almost having a mental debate. Finally, the one in the middle nods and looks to me.

"We can not help you, LeeAna Harrison. I'm sorry." Then the all disappear into thin air.

"Elaine," I shout frantically. "Please, change their minds. We'll lose half our pack if not more."

Elaine shakes her head sadly. "Their minds are made up. The Lycanthropes are on their own."

My heart dropped. Black witches would wipe us out without the help of white witches. We would be fighting a losing battle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Good? We are going to hit the climax very very soon. Anyone curious as to why Landyn spends time with the coven?

If you have any book recommendations for me than message me and I'll try and give you some feedback :)

Vote and Comment :)