Chapter One

I sat on the leather couch Derek and I had in our apartment. "Laura wants to meet us at the house." Derek told me, walking over and putting on his shirt. "I'm not going." I said. "Lia you have to get over the fact that she's an alpha!" Derek said. "She doesn't even deserve the power, I could easily break her in half." I said. "Lia, all she wants to do is talk, we're going in an hour." Derek said. I growled and went to the bathroom to fix my blonde/brown hair.

I brushed and straightened my hair, then braided two pieces and pinned them to the back. I left my California Bears hoodie crop top and leggings on with my not so clean white converse. I didn't wear make up, Derek didn't like for me to.

I walked out of the bathroom, "Really, you couldn't dress any more presentable?" Derek asked. "It's just Laura." I said. Derek shook his head, "You really want her power don't you?" He said and grabbed his keys. "I'm only 17."

-

I saw Laura waiting by the house, Derek and I walked up to her. "Well?" She asked. "Aren't you gonna bow down to me?" She said. I rolled my eyes and growled, flashing my blue eyes. Derek pulled me back, she smirked. "Let go of me." I told Derek. He let go, I went to my werewolf form and growled at her and tackled her. Not a true alpha.

She roared at me, it had no affect on me. I threw her to a tree and growled. Derek grabbed me before I could maul her. She huffed and wiped the blood from her lip. "Nice seeing you too." She said before leaving.

"You're only allowed to kill someone that hurt you, really badly, like that girl Mia." Derek said. "I didn't kill Laura." I said. "But you tried." He said. "You're just like uncle Peter, if only he wasn't in a coma." Derek said. I smiled, than my smile faded. Peter rescued me and almost died.

"You ok?" Derek said as I buckled my seat belt. "I'm fine." I said.

*2 weeks later*

I found myself being interrupted by Derek bursting in the room. "L-Laura's dead."