Preface

"I'm sorry but I fell in love tonight."

  ϟ ϟϟ 

The bed shifted as the boy who stole her heart stood up. Her eyes followed his movements as he threw his button-up white shirt back on. Then he ruffled his dark, almost black, brown hair. He reached over her to get his black frames, almost like she wasn't there.

She sighed and clenched the bedsheets tighter over her. With everyone else, she was confident and flirty. But with the one guy who mattered, she couldn't even think of an action to get his attention. Normally, she would whisper sweet nothings after a night of bliss. But it was always different with James Potter; the one boy who got under her skin.

James, now all dressed and ready to go, finally addressed his wannabe lover.

"Selene, I... should probably tell you... I love Lily."

There it was. The major sever in their relationship. James' unconditional love for Lily, a ginger girl in their year who despised him with a burning passion. Lily hates him as much as Selene loves him.

"So what was this?" Selene asked, her dark eyes twinkling like stars. "If you love her so much, why do you always find your way to me?"

James bit his lip and sighed. "This was a mistake. We're friends, Selene, and I consider you one of my best ones. The fact that this," he gestured to the bed, with her lying in it, covered in nothing but the covers. "Keeps happening...it changes nothing."

Selene wanted to scream 'it changes everything! It builds up my feelings for you and gives me hope that you might feel the same!'. But she didn't. Instead, she settled for just watching as the love of her life... Her best friend... Leaves her prefect dorm once again.

The door closed with a silent click, cuing Selene to realize that he really was gone. She didn't fight the tears that were building up in her eyes as she looked towards the spot in the bed beside her that used to occupy him.