Twenty-One: Alternate Reality

New/Alternate Present Reality: (Evie)

My head is throbbing when I get to the Picture News. I turn on a few lights so I can see better.

"Hey, Evelyn. Wanna look at it now?"

"Sure, let's just get this over with so I can go home. Layla's supposed to come home tomorrow," I groan and walk to the computer.

Then my phone buzzes multiple times. "Barry, I'm in the middle of-"

"Are you standing right now?"

"No, I'm lying on a hospital bed. Of course I'm standing! What's going on?"

"Oh my god. Don't joke about that."

"Sorry."

"Anyway. Something strange is happening and I don't know what I did but we went out yesterday then I didn't save you.."

"Barry, we didn't go out yesterday. We went bowling and ran into Iris and Eddie like twenty minutes ago or something. Can you please explain to me what the hell is happening?"

"Not now. Just get to STAR Labs immediately."

"Barry, it's freaking eleven at night and we just-"

"Please, Evie."

"I- just, um, okay.." He hangs up immediately. "Listen, Mason, I gotta go. I'm going to meet up with Barry. Just put that in a flash drive okay?"

"Yeah yeah, you'll get it by tomorrow morning," he rolls his eyes and clicks and drags away.

When I turn, someone behind me is looking down at a manila folder while saying, "Hey Mason, I thought those Keystone rep-"

"Linda," I say stoically.

"Evelyn," she says in the same tone. "Excuse me, but I do believe I was talking to Mason."

"You're excused." I shift to the left to let her walk past me.

I make my way to STAR Labs, and use the flashlight to be able to guide my way upstairs.

Once I've made it upstairs and into the lab, Barry's standing there, looking at the screens. He's turned them on to show the Mardon brothers- Clyde and Mark.

"We could have just gone to your house to talk about.. Whatever it was you were going to talk about."

He turns around and runs over to hug me tightly. "Oh my God, I thought I lost you."

"Barry Allen, I just saw you a few minutes ago, what is going on?" I push him off of me (it took a great deal not to pull him back and turn it into a make out session) and fold my arms across my chest.

"Wait wait wait- just one more please." He presses his cheek against mine and wraps his arms around me tightly. "You're walking again."

"Barry, what the hell?" I mean, it's really cute how seeing me again triggers his cuteness overload emotions, but really? It's a little too much.

"Yesterday.. I saw you lying in a hospital bed.. You suffered third degree burns."

"When? Barry, do you need to go to the hospital?"

"No, I don't! I tr-" he takes a deep breath and tries again. "There was a tsunami that was about to hit the city. And I was running in reverse so I could stop it and I guess I ran too fast and went back in time."

I stare blankly at him. "What."

"Okay, I know it's hard for you to process so I think I should just start from the beginning."