Sixteen: Facility 27

Stein's been captured by Eiling. I'm eating and walking as fast as I can to STAR Labs and I barge in while Ronnie has electrodes stuck on his forehead ( I think they're electrodes).

Cisco continues staring at Ronnie while he reaches forward to grab my burrito. I slap his hand away.

Ronnie arches his back and pulls at the edges of his seat, screaming and writhing in pain. "You're okay man, we got you!" Cisco says. He and Caitlin calm him down and restrain him.

"What's happening too him?" Barry says. He clenches his fist.

"Nothing's happening to him. It's happening to Stein, and Ronnie is feeling his pain," Wells states, moving slightly forward. "I was wrong; the connection isn't temporary, it's only getting stronger."

"Just try and hold on," Caitlin says softly. Her face is twisted with fear.

I almost drop my burrito when they try to hold Ronnie down, but now my focus is on him. How come, even though they were separated, they continued feeling each others' pain and emotions? They shared memories and even a goddamn body, and even after separation, they would still always be bound together.

"Water," Ronnie begs. I snap out of my thoughts to see him smash the glass on the table and bring it to his forearm.

Cisco's mouth opens to form a perfect O shape.

"Ronnie, no!"

Now my face matches Cisco's expressions.

"Wait Cait, wait," Barry  stops her.

"He's cutting himself!" she protests.

"I know. Let him."

WHERE say the cuts when he finishes.

Ronnie repeats tap, tap tap, out loud while Cisco records it on a piece of paper. Good for them to use morse code. I was always too lazy to study it.

"27.."

"What does that mean?" Caitlin says.

"Army bases- they sometimes go by numbers, like Area 51."

Cisco gets to work on locating, and finds it. "Facility 27- about 300 miles away. It was shut down in 1961."

"That's where they're keeping Stein," Barry concludes.

"Betchu that's where they're keeping the aliens too."

"I'm coming with you," Ronnie says defiantly. He slides off the chair.

"No, you're not. You can't!"

"I'm connected to Stein. I have to go."

"What- did you ever stop to think why your connection to him is growing stronger by the minute? Maybe you're being drawn back together, your proximity will cause you to remerge into one?"

"But what happens to me if he gets killed? Cait, Barry was right. The world's different now. Look, I- I though we could get away, start a new life, a normal life together but there is no more normal life for us. You will always risk your life to try and help people. And I will always be the guy that runs into that pipeline for you."

Caitlin nods while holding back tears. As Cisco talks to them, I pull Barry off to the side.

"Barry, I have to come with you as well."

"No way, Evie, you're going to get yourself killed! The best I can do to protect you from Eiling is to keep you here with Caitlin and Doctor Wells."

"Barry, you listen to me right now," I order. He shuts his mouth in compliance. "Ever since you told me about metahumans and stuff, I was always thinking that it was just impossible. But.. after I got over it, I realized that I wanted to help people. I feel like now that I'm handed this information.. I have a higher calling. I think I'm meant to help. I need a purpose in this team, Barry, and I need you to understand that I can't just be like a little pet that's given this special place but with no purpose. I feel that I belong here and that I should help, otherwise I'm basically a freeloader."