CHAPTER TWO

Hey, me again. I'm finally going inside the guild hall today. I'm so nervous, and Laxus and grandpa are the only people I know there. Laxus isn't exactly the lovey-dovey "I'll protect my little cousin" type, and grandpa can be so embarrassing, I just hope I don't stand out like a sore thumb.
Deep breaths, Roxy, you can do this.

Until next time.

I sit up straight in my chair and take a deep breath to collect myself. Clicking my pen and closing my journal, I get up and get my things together. Before running out the door, I grab my silver headphones and slip on my black Oxford shoes.
I make my way there, nervously flicking electricity between my fingers as I walk.

The closer I get to the guild hall, the shakier my knees and hands get.

The door. It's so tall. And giant. One more deep breath. I lean onto the door, close my eyes, and fill my lungs. I pull my shoulders back, put my feet straight, and finally grab hold of the golden handle. I begin to pull it ope-
*CRASH*
"HEY WHAT WAS THAT FOR FLAME BRAIN?!"
I stand there, frozen, wide-eyed, staring at the half-naked man who just flew through the door.
"THAT WAS FOR HITTING MY CAT, ICE FACE!"
"AYE! GET HIM NATSU! THAT HURT!"

He glances over at aw-struck me before breaking through a different part of the door.
"WOULD IT KILL YOU TO USE THE DOOR!?" A girl screams.
"Or at least the same hole, you nit wit." Another one says.
I look through the hole, to see the guild full of people.

Is it rude to interrupt this by going in? Maybe I should just stay out here. No, I have to go in. Do I have to open the door? Maybe I should just go through the hole. Yes. I'll do that. That's much less scary.
I climb up and put my leg through, holding my skirt up a bit so it doesn't get caught on the splintered wood. I dip my head down and through the hole, pulling my other leg behind me. I look around, to see how big and spread our everything is. I've never been inside a guild hall before.
"Hi!" I hear a cheery voice say. I flinch and look over to see a smiling blue-haired girl. "Are you new here? What's your name? I'm Levy!"
I look over at her, sorting through her questions in my mind. "Well...um-"
Grandpa comes flying over to me.
"ROXY! Glad you could make it sweetheart!!" He shouts and gives me a hug.
I laugh awkwardly, hugging back, and reply, "Hi, grandpa, how are you?"
"Oh just wonderful, how have you been?"
"Okay I guess."
"When did you make it here?"
"Late last night, i left the morning before last and took a few trains."
"Well I hope you feel well rested soon, we'll have some of our boys help you finish unpacking-"

"Hey gramps, who is this chick?" The 'flame brain' shouts. Grandpa immediately presents me as if I were an antique case at an auction and shouts,
"ATTENTION FAIRY TAIL!! THIS IS ROXY DREYAR, MY GRANDDAUGHTER, AND NEWEST MEMBER OF THE FAIRY TAIL GUILD!"
"Hey, Awesome!" He shouts.
"Yeah, sweet!" A blonde adds on.
Soon, everyone joins in, shouting and clapping, looking at me, surrounding me, and I'm about ready to puddlefy.

Puddlefy |pud•l•fī| (verb)
to become a puddle; often connected to feelings of embarrassment or anxiety: Roxy felt the need to puddlefy after becoming the center of attention of a hundred people she didn't know.

After far too many minutes of being welcomed and touched and smiled at and talked to, and a girl named MiraJane stamping me on the right wrist with a black Fairy Tail symbol, everything sort of simmers down and I'm finally able to relax and do what I'd like to do here.

Well, what do I do here? Write some more? Read? Yes, I'll just walk over to that bookshelf and find a book to read.
I find my way to the shelf. I walk alongside it, studying the titles I pass by. Finding an interesting one, I crouch down to grab it. Another book beside it catches my eye, so I grab that one instead, then spring back up straight.
"GIH! SORRY!" I squeal when I find myself accidentally wedged between the bookshelf and a slim, green-haired man. I immediately avert my eyes from him, looking at the floor, and walk away, my book held tight to my chest. He begins to speak, but by this time I'm already six bookshelves away.