Chapter 2

I smile at her to reassure her that everything is alright. Johnny looks back to see, if we are still following him and if none of us have gone lost. 

"You're crazy. We are supposed to be heading home now, it is getting dark. My parents will freak, if they don't hear from me", Lucy stops walking and stops clinging to my arm. She stares at Johnny, looking really angry. I mean really, really angry. If looks could kill, then Johnny would be dead right now. And he seems to be thinking the exact same thing.

After a quick pause he speaks. "So, then phone them up. That way they have no need to get worried", Johnny carefully suggests, not wanting Lucy to freak out even more.

But it was no help, because she just got even more angry. "Oh yeah. And tell them what exactly? That I am lost in some creepy forest, because you thought it was a great idea to go hunting for this stupid haunted house?"

Johnny does not say anything for a few minutes. He is clearly trying to find some excuse that she can tell her parents. "Okay, you know what. Just tell them, that you came back to my place, because I had forgotten your gift at home", Johnny responds looking pleased with his answer.

Lucy does not really know how to argue back. She seems to have no more arguments to argue with, so she just pulls out her phone out of her jacket pocket silently, ready to phone up her parents.

"Fantastic!" she exclaims, looking onto her phone, quite upset about something. 

"What is the problem now again?" Johnny asks, looking annoyed.

"Well, what do you think. We are in the middle of some creepy forest and there is absolutely no Internet access here. How am I supposed to reach my parents now?" Lucy asks, even more upset than before. If she gets any more upset, she might just blow up.

"Johnny, we should be heading back home, Lucy is right. It is getting dark, and our parents are probably worried about us. I cannot be bothered to be hunted down by the police and never hear the end of it from my father", I tell him.

Talking about the police obviously got him thinking, because he looks at us and then at the sky. "I guess you guys are right. We should slowly get back", Johnny decides.

"Okay, glad we sorted that out. Now...", I start, but trail of, looking around us, "what way do we have to go exactly to get back?"

"I think we need to go left", Johnny points to the direction he thinks we have to go to.

"But we came from the right, did we not?" I ask, pretty sure about coming from the right and not from the left.

Lucy is just shaking her head. She has no idea what way we had come from and she is panicking, which is no good at all, when she panics. She had actually been in a coma before, because she panicked. She was watching a horror movie with some guys from our school. After that she had to walk home, and it was already dark outside. Although her house was only a few blocks away, only a five-minute walk from where the guy lived, who had invited her, she had the feeling that somebody was following her. She started to run, panicking, because she was frightened, but the feeling wouldn't go away. She ended up panicking so much that she fell into a coma and woke up three days later in hospital, with her parents and everyone else at school worried sick about her.

So, her parents will kill Johnny and me, if something like that ever happened to her again.

So, I decide to try and calm her down, making sure this does not happen again. "It is fine, Lucy. We will find our way back out of here, I promise", I try reassuring her. 

"Yeah, we will be out of here in no time", Johnny joins in.