Sudden Changes

Depuis le début

My eyes widened as he grabbed our arms. We're going".  With that being said, Stiles basically dragged  us into his jeep, driving off to where the body had been found.

"We're seriously doing this?" I asked as I  got   out of the car, standing  to Scott who was complaining the whole ride here. "You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town." Stiles pulled  out his flashlight. Following behind me, we ventured deeper into the woods.

"I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow." Stiles dryly laughed

"Right, 'cause sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort." I snickered,  earning a glare from Scott in the process. "No, because I'm playing this year. In fact, I'm making first line."  Scott and Stiles had never actually played in a lacrosse game, due to the fact they sucked. Plus the team captain was a douche.

Stiles chuckled  "Hey, that's the spirit. Everyone should have a dream, even a pathetically unrealistic one." I felt bad for them sometimes.  They've always wanted to actually play but Jackass Jackson was on the team. 

Jackson Whittemore, where to start. I knew from the first moment I met this guy,  I hated him. Jackson came from a very wealthy family. His foster mom and dad were very wealthy and passed it on to Jackson. No one knows what happened to Jackson's real parents and trust me, I could care less. Jackson was the captain of the lacrosse team and thought he was better than everyone. He was very self centered and didn't like anyone being better than him. The biggest jerk i've ever known.

"Just out of curiosity, which half of the body are we looking for? I questioned as we continued roaming around the woods.

Stiles stopped for a split second before continuing to walk. "Huh! I didn't even think about that." I laughed   quietly "And, uh, what if whoever killed the body is still out here?"

"Also something I didn't think about." I sighed as we start climbing up a hill  "Great, we're dead."

"It's comforting to know you've planned this out with your usual attention to detail."

"I know Bree. No need to point it out." I held my hands up in defense as Scott leaned  against   a tree, shaking his inhaler. "Maybe the severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flashlight, huh?" All of a sudden, Stiles dives onto the ground,  hiding behind a log.

We lie down next to him,  noticing the police with  their dogs not too far from us.  My guesses is they were still looking for the other half of the body. Stiles stands up and begins sprinting in their direction "Come on!" Scott and I quickly stand up, trying to keep up with Stiles' pace. 

"Stiles! Wait up!" Stiles ignored us, continuing to run ahead.   "Stiles! Stiles!" We keep on chasing Stiles when out of nowhere, Scott hauled  me behind a tree.

The police dogs begin going insane. Their barking echoing throughout the forest. At first, I thought they found us, but I didn't move a muscle.

"Hold it right there!".  A voice echoed through the trees, making me shiver. We're in for it now.  The last thing I needed was to spend a night in jail. "Hang on, hang on, This little delinquent belongs to me." I recognized the voice. Carefully, I poked my head out, noticing Stiles' dad  glaring at Stiles.

"Dad, how are you doing?"Stiles said, the nervousness clear in his voice.  "So, do you, uh, listen in to all of my phone calls?" I had to put a hand around my mouth to contain my laughter.

"No heh. Not the boring ones."

"Now, where's your usual partners in crime?" I held my breathe, praying Stiles didn't sell us out.