Chapter 24

Noah's pov
I just finished practising my walking and the nurse said I did really well. So I'm just sitting in my bed now and I'm waiting for Richelle and Amber to come back.
A few hours later
Richelle and Amber still haven't come to see me like they promised and it's 10 p.m. I guess they aren't keeping their promise. I might as well go to sleep.

The next day
I wake up and look at my bed to see if Richelle is there. She isn't. I sigh. The nurse comes to collect me for walking practise so I go with her. I don't say a word.
"Hey, apart from your injuries, what's wrong?" She asks.
"My wife said that she would come and visit me yesterday evening, but she didn't. I thought that she might have come this morning then, but, she didn't." I reply sadly.
"Don't worry Noah. I'm sure that she will visit you tomorrow or later today!" The nurse says.
"Maybe." Is say.
Then she helps me do my walking practise and she brings me back to my hospital bed.
"Good bye." She says and leaves.
I look around and I'm the only one in the ward. That's strange. There were loads of people here yesterday.
(Sorry for the big time jump)
Three weeks later.
(Bye the way, Richelle and Amber kidnapped the baby and forgot about Noah so they are at home looking after it).
Still Noah's pov
Right now I'm just walking out of the hospital on crutches because my arms have healed enough so that I can use crutches but my ankle is still fractured but it's getting better. It's quite depressing in that hospital. I was alone for most of the time in my ward and Richelle or Amber didn't come to see me once. They broke their promise of coming to see me every night. It's been three weeks for God's sake! They didn't even come to pick me up from the hospital so I have to walk home on crutches!
When I get home, (after a few hours of walking) I don't really want to go inside. So, I just sit on the steps and stare at the world around me.
I can see a couple laughing and smiling at each other. That was me and Richelle once. We used to be happy together until she forgot about me for three weeks.
Suddenly the door opened from behind me. It was Richelle. I didn't turn around or look her in the eye because I was so angry at her.
"Noah?!" She says and runs down the stairs to hug me.
I push her away. She looks confused.
"We got the baby back!" She says happily.
I don't say anything.
"What's wrong?" She says and goes to kiss me.
I push her off me. I look her in the eye.
"What's wrong? Seriously? Is that what you're going to go with? Richelle you and Amber left me in the hospital for three weeks without visiting me once. You promised that you would come and see me every night. You broke your promise. You never came to see me. I spent every day wandering when you were going to come. Today I was discharged. I thought you would at least remember that and come and pick me up. But no! You leave me to walk home on crutches for three hours! What is wrong with you?!" I snap at her.
She puts her hands over her mouth and starts to cry. I don't comfort her, instead, I just get up and leave.

Richelle's pov
"Noah wait! Please wait!" I say tears streaming down my face.
I don't go after him I just scream for him to come back. I can't believe that I forgot about him. He was the whole reason I kidnapped Taylor. Now he has left.
Suddenly I hear a voice from behind me.
"Richelle what's going on?"
I turned around. It was Thalia. She was holding hands with Eldon. I keep crying and point to Noah walking away on crutches. They see and Eldon runs after him. Thalia comforts me and I tell her what I did.

Noah's pov
As I'm walking away i hear footsteps from behind me. I turn around and it's Eldon. He grabs me crutches, throws them away and pushes me down to the ground.
"What the heck are you doing?" I say.
"What the heck are you doing?" He says back.
"Eldon! You just threw me to the ground and I'm on crutches!" I yell.
I see Thalia and Richelle looking at us.
"Noah. Make up with Richelle now!"
"No way." I attempt to get up but he just pushes me back down.
"Noah, why are you doing this?" He says.
"Why am I doing this? Maybe you should ask Richelle! She was the one who left me alone in a hospital for three weeks without coming to say hi once!" I yell at him.
Eldon looks shocked. He runs off and grabs my crutches. Then he helps me up.
"I'm so sorry bro. I just saw Richelle crying and I thought that you did something bad to her." He says.
"It's not your fault. Can you tell Richelle that I haven't broken up with her yet and she has one more chance to prove that she is really sorry?" I say.
"Sure." He says and runs off to tell Richelle.
I keep walking away and I stop. I turn around and they are all staring at me. I just shake my head and keep walking.