Leaving him to stand with a surprised yet impressed look on his face.

Mentally fist bumping to myself, I stop to face down at the turquoise blue water in front of my eyes and feet, fine sparkles from the sun glistening over the soft waves, and take two slow steps into it till my ankles.

"Holy shit, that's cold", I quickly pull back one of my feet and shiver, wrapping my arms around myself, "That is really, really, cold."

"Is that bad?", Damon's low voice is heard somewhere behind me.

Taking a deep breath, I shake my head, "No, it's fine. It's just... I'll need to take veryyyy slow steps to get fully used to it."

Okay

One slowwww step forward...

Good.

Now the second slowwwww step forward...

"Jo?"

"What?"

"Sorry in advance."

"The hell you mean 'sorry-"

In a turn of a change, he suddenly grabs me from behind by picking me up from under my back and my knees so I'm completely off the water, and runs forward with me in his arms.

No matter how much I protested for him to put me down, he quickly carried me forward to a further distance from the shore and suddenly stops to glance at me with his freakin' cheeky ass grin that could convince any kid he was satan in the flesh, and drops me down splashing into the ice water below, so I'm completely submerged until my butt touches the bottom of the sand.

With shivering chills running all over my body from the legs to my fingertips, I swim back up and pop out of the water, heavily gasp for the air I needed.

"Damon!", I run my wet hands over my eyes to see him practically dying from laughter as he stood a safe distance away from me, but the water only reached till his elbows so he wasn't at all shivering and soaked like me.

The tall bastard.

"You peanut-sized brain asshole! It's freezing cold!"

He soon attempts to calm down himself and slowly starts swimming over to me with a hand on his stomach from laughing so much.

"My god, I wish I could've taken a picture of the look on your face before I dropped you down", he continues to laugh, "It was like a mixture of 'wait what' and 'oh hell no' together. So worth it."

"Yeah, worth it for you."

"Aw, come on, I'm sorry, I'm sorry", he puts a hand on his chest as an apology, "But admit it, this was a much quicker way for you to get used to the water instead of taking those slow ass baby steps, right?"

Not wanting to get all moody about him dropping me like that, I stop glaring in his direction and instead realize the obvious.

So, I turn to the side to play with the water and ever so quietly ask him, "How did you even do it?"

"What do you mean?"