Book 2 Chapter 1

Hello readers! We do hope you enjoyed the book and will continue reading on. We are making a sequel to this book, it will be purely romance. So if you don't like romance then don't read on from this point. Instead of making two separate books, we are making one, with two books together. That means instead of you going having to go and find the next book, it will be right here! Think of it as two books in one. So we would like to thank you for getting this far in the story with us and do hope you enjoy the second book! <3 HERE WE GO! Oh and btw this takes place after season 2 of Black Butler, so Ciel is also a demon.

My eyes slowly cracked open, the darkness that had me trapped for so long slowly faded away into nothing. The world seemed to look different in the new state my body was in. Everything was in more detail, things seemed more real, as if I could finally see the word. As if a veil had been lifted from my eyes. I could see the individual pieces of fabric weaving through the large blanket I was submerged in, I could see the thousands of small dust particles floating in the morning light, I could smell the scent of the woods, the smell of blood, the smell of animals, people, fabrics, chemicals, everything.

I slowly sat up in my familiar bed, the fabric pooling around my waist. My bare feet slung over the side of the bed, placing themselves on the cold ground. The cold now seemed more apparent to me, my body acknowledged it more. I slipped on my socks then boots, zipping up the sides with ease like I had done so many times before. Getting in my normal attire, that hadn't changed even though I had drastically. I slung my cloak over my head, latching it around my neck I threw the hood up over my hair. Once I was done dressing I stepped outside my room, striding down the hall with powerful steps.

I reached forward, my arms slamming the two doors open with a new strength I found appealing. Ciel looked up from the paper in his hands up to me as I walked to the seat next to him and began to eat the plate waiting for me. I took a bite into the pancakes, sighing when they were not how I remembered. The feeling of being watched snuck up my spine and I looked over to Ciel who was sitting in his chair staring at me, seeming to be in a daze. Once he realized I was looking at him he quickly looked away and placed his sight back to the paper that was sitting in his palms.

I raised my eyebrow questionably "You have been doing that a lot" His eyes snapped up to mine and he looked shocked, for what reason I did not know.

"What do you mean?" he got over his shock and wiped his face clean of any emotion hat was seen previously.

"Staring at me, then looking away when I catch you, why?" I asked him, he started to look uncomfortable.

"I don't know what you mean." He denied.

I scoffed and put my feet on the table, my boots hitting the dark wood and making the plates on it clank at the disturbance. We didn't speak a word after that, sitting in an awkward silence that left the air think and uncomfortable.

The door that embedded itself in the wall to the right flew open suddenly and I looked over to see Darcy walking out of the door with Sebastian in tow, both of them with trays of food in their hands. Darcy sat down the plate she carried in front of me, taking the other one that was now clear of pancakes. The plate had a large piece of smooth and pristine chocolate cake that made my mouth water. I quickly picked up a fork and stabbed a piece of the cake, breaking it off and placing it in my mouth in a hurry. I paused and looked back a the cake, it tasted bland, only with a small hint of the sweetness that I craved.

Instead on dwelling on the taste, seeing it was now a normal occurrence that had happened before and will happen again, I had to bring myself to become used to it.

"So how are you adapting?" Sebastian asked me from his place beside Ciel.

"Very well, but I miss some things." I responded with a sigh, I've been sighing a lot lately.

"It's hard being a demon, is it not?" Darcy asked, her form standing next to my own.

"Yes harder than I thought it would be." I informed and Darcy gave a very small smile and looked down at me. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Sebastian staring at her with an emotion I had not seen in a long time, admiration.

"Well," Ciel began "I had a hard time to, but you will get used to it."

I sighed once more and leaned back in my chair "Hopefully"