Chapter 16 - Back Home

Alison's POV

Do you ever get that feeling where your on cloud nine and everything is perfect, but somewhere within you, you just know gravity will somehow pull you back down? No? Well I certainly do. My life was currently perfect; I was lying down on the bed, wrapped around in Brian's strong arms, his fingers brushing through my hair as we simply stared into each other's eyes. Nothing was interrupting us, an air of peaceful silence was surrounding us, our heartbeats being the only thing heard. But somehow, a feeling at the pit of my stomach kept nudging me every second I lay on the bed. I laid my head on Brian's chest, taking in a heavy sigh before he noticed my worry.

"What's wrong?" I shook my head and lifted my head off his chest, looking back into his calling brown eyes.

"I don't know. I just...have this feeling that something bad is going to happen" I replied, sitting up, him following my actions.

"Alison, I told you yesturday, I'll tell you again, I won't let her touch you, I promise."

"I know you will, i'ts just... I don't know. I have a gut feeling that something unexpected is coming to us" His eyes softened and his hand hung around me, pulling me closer into his warm embrace, he then slowly lowered his head down, leaning it against my own.

"Whatever happens, we face it together ok?" I smiled, nodding my head and instantly connecting my lips with his. His mouth moved slowly against mine, a kiss filled with love and strength and I knew that from that moment onwards, there would be no one else I would want more than him. He licked my bottom lip asking for entrance, but I denied, deciding to be a bit of a tease. His hands found their way to my hips, pinching me, making me gasp and giving him the perfect opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth to explore it. Our make out session continued for another minute before our door was burst open and a bundle of shock was released.

"Hey guys, we gotta leav- OMG! DEAR GOD, IT WAS ABOUT TIME, THANK GOD YOU FINALLY DID IT!!! THEY FINALLY DID IT PAISLEY!" Lana exclaimed, making me jump in suprise as they both continued squealing of excitement.

"Guys, calm down. We didn't go further than first base" I silenced, slipping out of bed to go change.

"Wait what?? Not even second base?"

"No Pais, not even second base. Calm down" I replied.

"Can somebody please tell me what the hell all these bases are?" Brian questioned from behind me, pulling his t-shirt on. My cheeks flushed at the thought of the response.

"Nevermind, I'll explain it to you some other day, right now we have bigger problems to worry about" I cut off, desperatley wanting to avoid the subject, thankfully they didn't object.

"Right, well for now we have to get back, I'm pretty sure my compulsion spell on your parents can only last so long" We nodded, heading out towards the SUV.

I sat in the back with Brian, Paisley smirking at me the whole way through the rear-view mirror.

"So, Brian, you and Alison ha? You guys official?" Pais commented, making my cheeks tint further. Brian simply chuckled, pulling me into his side.

"If by that you mean she's my girlfriend, as you guys call it, then yes, it's official." Both Lana and Paisley 'awed' us as we sat in the back in absolute silence, myself blushing like a five-year old. It was a short ride back, with not many exchange of words, and not many stops, just the silence that followed our company.

Lana soon came to stop right outside my house, making my heart clench. I didn't want to leave Brian again, especially not with a pesimistic gut feeling. I turned around, facing Brian to bid him goodbye. His mouth met mine before any words could escape, silencing me at once. It was a short but meaningful kiss, one that I valued.

"See you tomorrow" I said, slowly leaving his embrace.

"See you tomorrow, stay safe" he replied, letting me go. I flashed a small smile before me and Pailsey got out of the car, walking back to old boring home.

It was at times like these that I realised the true meaning of home. Home is not where my bedroom and necesities lay, nothing of that mattered. Home is where the people you care about live, the people that make you feel only positive about yourself. My parents and Pais had always and will always be those people, but now I had a new addition to it, an addition that was somehow worth a lot more to me in just a few weeks.

How did my life ever get to this?

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter!! But this book is nearly endinggg!!! Chapter thoughts?? Future Predictions?? Comment below and tell me what you think!!

Picture of Alison to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

-Neha