Purpose

It seems like in every story, the girl who is dating the hockey player is a healthy, almost perfect person.

Wouldn't that be nice?

I'm a mental health activist. Well, that's an understatement but you get the point. In my stories I try to include some sort of mental illness element because these are real things and are real problems. The stigma isn't going away anytime soon unless more people understand.

These will just be short stories. I'll feature favorite hockey players so that I can get more reads.

That sounds selfish, but I want this to be popular for all the right reasons.

Of course, I only have personal experience with some of these things so if I get anything wrong please let me know. We can talk about it and I'll rewrite the story to be correct.

Some of the things I'll cover:
Depression/suicidality/cutting
Anxiety/panic disorder
Eating disorders/body dismorphia
Addictions (drug and alcohol)
Borderline personality disorder
Bipolar disorder
Dissociative personality disorder
Obsessive compulsive disorder
Sleep terrors/paralysis (kinda like in nightmares)
Post traumatic stress disorder
And possibly schizophrenia.

If you want to read about my experience with a few of the following, go head over to my story Recovery. It's real, uncensored, and heartbreaking.

But that's what mental illnesses are. They are scary and life changing, not all poetic and beautiful. There's nothing beautiful about the scars on my wrists or thighs. There's nothing beautiful about making yourself puke up your dinner. There's nothing beautiful about feeling so numb and that you can't do anything besides stare at a wall.

Recovering and seeing color again, now that's breathtaking.