One of the Rogues

Start from the beginning

“You’re new here,” she stated, linking our arms together.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked laughing and began walking towards the office. Not five seconds on the school ground and I had already made a possible friend. Maybe this would finally be a good year.

“Well, yeah. You are tugging a luggage around after all,” she laughed.

“Right,” I blushed, feelign a little embarrased.

“You’re not from around here, are you?” she asked.

“No, I’m from La Push,”

“Hmm... Never heard of it,”

“Barely anyone has,” I replied. I was used to people not knowing were La Push was.

“Now, it's not hard to remember all of my tips. This school is the epitome of college stereotypes. The jocks are mostly dumb ass players, cheerleaders pretty much run the school, the nerds get thrown into dumpsters but you get the hint. Just stick with me and you'll do fine," she smiled.

"I'm not sure you're the best influence either," I chuckled and nudged her.

"Never said I was," she grinned back. The school bell went off, signaling the start of the day's classes. She pulled me forward and led the way to the office, realizing that I had no idea where I was walking to.

"Hey," I said as she looked towards me," I never got your name,"

"Beck," she replied with a smile, “Yours?"

"Haley,"

"Nice, Haley. Let's go get your schedule." We arrived at the reception. I looked out of the glass door into the school's hallway. Masses of students were all pushing, shoving one another to get to class as quickly as possible. I was just glad I was missing ‘college rush hour'.

"Don't you need to get to class?" I asked Beck as we waited for the woman to hand me my time table.

"I can't just leave my poor friend alone on her first day! What kind of friend would I be?" she asked, skeptically. I rolled my eyes at her and raised my eyebrows.

"Oh please, you just don't want to get to class," 

"Astounding how well you know me after just a few minutes! Besides, I need to show you the way to our dorm room. Looks like I found my new roomie,” She said, looking rather impressed.

"Here it is, sweetie. Enjoy your first day," the receptionist told me.

“Come on, let me show you our dorm,” I followed her and took in a deep breath. I couldn’t help but wonder what my family members were doing at home. Was Jay getting into any more trouble than usual? Was he getting on Paul’s nerves? I smiled at the thought. It hasn’t been a day and I’m already home sick! I felt the butterflies again, stronger than before. Was I getting sick or something? I shrugged it off. No, I was homesick. I’d never been away from home before, maybe that’s why it was affecting me so much.

“So pick any bed. I really can’t be assed,” Beck said as I set my luggage down. The room was sunny and spacious. The roller blinds were up and I could clearly see the college’s track and basketball court.

“Dunno ‘bout you, but I got a crap ton of posters with me. This room’s too plain for my liking,” Beck said as she grabbed my time table and looked at it accusingly.

"AP Chemistry, Algebra, Pure Maths...You're smart!" She yelled.

"Well...thanks I guess," I laughed, grabbing the now squashed paper back. She huffed.

"Ugh, I guess I'll be alone for the majority of the lessons. Enjoy your mind-blowing lessons of horror. I think the chemistry room is class 4B, just walk straight, turn the first left and go into the first room.

"Thanks, see you later then?" I asked, already walking to class.

"But of course, my friend!" She replied, rushing to her lesson. I followed Beck's instructions and sure enough, there was class 4B, AP Chemistry. I gulped and got ready to face a room full of students who'd all stare at me intently. 

"Come on, you can do this Haley! It can't be that bad. It's AP Chemistry for heaven's sake! It's probably a class full of shy and timid nerds, right?" I asked myself, trying to calm down. "Great. Now I'm actually talking to myself!" I placed my hand on the door and pushed it open, directing my gaze at the teacher so I wouldn't get intimidated by other students but as I did so, I heard a bunch of chairs squeak and turn in my direction. I cursed. Every time! I walked towards him, handing him a pink slip of paper which denoted my absence.

"Welcome to AP Chemistry Ms. Black. We were just revising simple topics," I nodded and smiled at him as I went to the back of the class, seeing as it was the only chair left empty. The room had around 26 students in it. The people who I presumed were the brightest students were sitting at the front. Their heads glued to the teacher and the white board. Moving my gaze slightly backwards I noticed a guy, leaning back on his chair and rocking it slightly. I couldn’t exactly see his face since I was in the back but I could clearly make out dark hair beneath his beanie and muscles under his tight T-shirt and sweater. I felt a certain curiosity towards the guy. I wanted him to turn around, desperately and that made me confused. What was it about that guy that made him so interesting when I only could see his back and beanie?

"So, can anyone tell me 5 heavy metals?" the teacher asked, looking around the class. I knew the answer but I didn't raise my hand. The last thing I wanted to be known as was 'the know-it-all' or the 'teacher's pet'. He looked around and huffed.

"Anyone? ...Mr. Harrison?" he looked at the ‘beanie hat guy’ accusingly. The guy stopped swinging his seat and landed it down with a big *bump*.

"Well, let's see now, Mr. Mayors," he replied as he smiled sickeningly at the teacher. The other students grinned at each other and sat at the edge of their seats which made me wonder why exactly were they doing that?

"There's Slayer, Motorhead, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Metallica of course! And then there's..." he said, counting on his fingers. While the rest of the class sniggered. I shook my head at his non-sense. How immature!

"Enough, Mr. Harrison. Longing to be the class clown are we?" The teacher asked rhetorically. "Why do I even try?" he said to himself whilst wiping the white board and shaking his head.

 It follows Haley's life as many, many, many of you suggested. I hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think. I always take your considerations into account when I'm writing and if someone comments and votes a lot, I dedicate the story to them but you guys should know that by now xD Anyways, hope you like the sequel as much as you enjoyed the previous one :D  I hope you like where I've taken the story. I got a lot of messages about following up the story with Haley. If you liked it please vote, vote, vote! All you have to do is click a button! So clickeh! --Meg