One of the Rogues

Since You Had Me At Hello did pretty well and a lot of you were requesting a sequel; Here it is :D It obviously follows the events of the previous book but if you haven't read that one you should understand this one just the same. I hope you enjoy it and if you have an opinion about my work comment below and let me know.

It wasn’t easy...being a werewolf. The transformation itself was quite annoying to go through but the first transformation was definitely the worst. I still remember how it felt. Just as if someone tied up my arms and legs and tugged on each of them separately... Medieval style. Now, the transformations aren’t near as bad. They’re quick but I still ruin some of my favourite outfits now and then. I’m still getting the hang of things and even though my parents filled me in with exquisite detail about all things werewolf, I still needed to figure some things out and I knew it. Don’t get me wrong, I love my pack but ever since Sam stepped down for my dad to become Alpha, I’ve found being in a pack harder than ever before. Being the Alpha’s daughter held a certain responsibility. One which I didn’t think I could ever achieve. Dad was a strong Alpha and we haven’t had any vampire attacks in over 9 years. He managed to evict all of them, except for the Cullens of course. I was proud of him but some times, I just got annoyed with being stuck beneath his shadow all the time. I finally finished high school, by the way. Enrolling to a new college was difficult. What was even more difficult was getting my parents to agree to let me continue my education somewhere outside of La Push. The confined space held few opportunities for me, especially with regards to a journalism career, the career which I wanted to pursue.

I thought about my parents’ faces when I waved goodbye from the bus window. My little brother, Jay hugged me quickly before I left. I could’ve sworn I saw them crying. Who knew the Black family were softies? I laughed at the thought. My mother, Ronnie was no softie  and neither was my dad for that matter. I still remember when he took me out on my first patrol and told me about being a werewolf. I was so angry at the time but I was glad that he did it. I grew up and I wouldn’t have been able to do it so quickly without him.

I put my headphones back in my messenger bag, fixed my loose, black cardigan and exited the plane after I felt the aeroplane’s vibrations stop. The airport’s arrival hall was packed with people. The lady at the information desk was panicking, barely catching up with all the people waiting in the queue for her assistance. I walked up to a vending machine and bought myself an apple before putting my headphones back on till I exited the airport. Being a roughly new werewolf, I was having trouble controlling my ‘powers’. Mum said that my senses were even more hightened that a regular werewolf for some reason which for me, meant that I’d get a lot more headaches since I could literally hear a conversation taking place around an entire block. Having my music on helped to dull the noise and to let me focus on one solid noise instead.

I gloomily bit into my apple, enjoying it’s sweet, crisp taste as the taxi zoomed through the forest towards Robinson College. Thick trees brimming with birds and greenery exploded like a painting. It was both eerie and captivating. The driver completely forsook the speed limit as he stepped on the gas pedal, testing fate and dangling our lives as if they were some vague gamble. My stomach churned as the vehicle came to an abrupt halt.

“That will be $50 Miss,” the driver said, scratching his head with one hand as he stuck the other out for the money.

I tugged my luggage behind me as I walked into the massive building. Students were scattered all over the place, walking around, checking notice boards, talking and sitting down on the grass, enjoying the nice day that it turned out to be. I smiled and felt butterflies erupt in my stomach. This was it! A whole new experience and I couldn’t wait. I noticed a girl smirking at me as she walked closer. Her bright pink hair contrasted immensely with her all-black outfit, mini-skirt and all. Her big, black boots gave her a sense of power and might while her pretty face was tucked in behind her vibrant hair.