Forty-four

did y'all notice the titles

I hate up in coming up for names for each so this happened

..yeah..

*-*-*

Alyx's POV

"Be careful, Carl." I warned as we walked along the side the traps and wires. His bright eyes slightly peered beneath his old hat, glaring harshly. I ignored him and took in the unique surroundings.

They were insane and terrifying, yet I admired the complexity. Each trap was very simple, but very effective.

I watched a lone walker, a young woman with a ripped up party dress, slowly get entangled in the traps. There was a small cage full of rodents surrounded by barbed wire and large wooden spikes. The walker took note of the live creature and stumbled towards it, embedding itself into the sharp edges and slicing through its skin. Crimson blood poured into the ground, yet the living dead didn't seem to care.

"Alyx." Michonne harshly whispered, as she, Rick and Carl were yards ahead of me. I shook my head to try and focus on the actual task here.

Get in, get ammo, get out.

I jogged to keep up with them and walked by Michonne side. I trusted her, but not as much as I trust Rick.

"There's the police department a few ways down. If that place is cleared I know some smaller places we can go." I nodded subtly, and trudged along. This was going to be difficult, because of how easy it was so far.

We walked for a few more minutest not silence. Only the sound of walker groans and our heels clicking against the pavement.

Rick sighed heavily and pointed to a building a few yards in front of us.

"There it is. I'll go on first, Alyx you watch the back." We wandered in, carefully peering around each corner. Every few minutes, Rick would hold out his hand, telling us to stop. Each time was a surprise, causing me to bump into Carl. He would give me a dirty look each time.

We ran into a few walkers, taking them each down with ease.

Rough hangs grasped around my neck and pulled me back. I tried to scream for help, but one of the hands clasped around my mouth.

This wasn't a walker.

I used the heel of my boot to harshly kick one of his legs out from under the attacker. I assumed it was a man, given the tall and broad build.

As he was on the ground, I quickly gripped my machine gun and aimed it at the predator.

"Who are you?" I growled, kicking his shoulder aggressively. He slowly sat up with his hands raised.

"Please..." His voice was very deep and raspy, sounding as if he hasn't spoken in months. I tilted my head and squinted.

"Who are you?" I asked again, this time with much force. I heard a quiet growl coming from behind me and whipped around to kill the incoming walker. As I aimed and prepared to shoot, I was knocked to the ground and fell unconscious.

*-*-*

"Daryl? Daryl!" I yelled into the empty house, kicking open the front door. "Daryl, get your ass down here and help me carry in this shit!"

"What?" He stumbled off the couch in some old boxers and a ripped up T-shirt. Scratching his chin, he pulled on some socks and helped carry in the rest of the groceries.