Twenty-eight

I would ride Miles Rider for miles ;)

Wait necrophilia...?

Daryls POV

I was keeping watch in the guard tower while Hershel and Rider were healing. I was repeatedly stabbing the cement wall angrily, thinking of the pain Alyx is going through. What am I doing here? Sitting here while she obviously need my support... I told her I would keep her out of danger, what the hell is wrong with me?

"Daryl! It's urgent.." Rick yelled as he ran through the doors.

"Wha's wrong? Is it Alyx?" I asked, the worry evident in my voice. He shook his head no and took a step closer.

"It's Miles...He's gone" He said, his voice cracking and his eyes turning glossy as years threatened to spill over.

I really thought he was going to make it through this... Maybe it was just too late.

"Okay... How's she Holdin' up?" I asked, pushing down all my emotions for right now.

"She's not... Go with her Daryl. I got this" He said and I immediately got up and sprinted to the prison.

I ran through the door and the first thing I saw was Dean sobbing in His cell.

"Dean?" I said, walking into his cell slightly. He quickly looked around and wipes his face.

"Yeah?" He said, trying to play cool.

"You hear about...?" I implied Riders death. He nodded and looked down.

"Yeah..I thought he was going to make it" He said clearing his throat.

I left him to cry over his fallen solider and I ran to Alyx and slid on my knees in front of her.

"Baby...Baby, come here" I said as I laid her down in my arms and rocked her back and fourth.

"It's okay...shhhhh" I soothed. She lifted her head and looked me straight in the eye.

"He said everything was going to be okay..." Her soft voice said before she exploded into more tears.

Alyx's POV

"There's so many things Miles was known for.

His sense of humor, his bravery, his selflessness, his dedication to helping other people when he needed help the most...

He was a loyal friend. There wasn't anything he wouldn't do for someone he cared about and that was one of his many amazing qualities.

I am going to miss how his eyes crinkled when he smiled or needed to give you really good advice. We can't really understand why he was taken away from us, and I thought about this all night because I want to know why someone so bright and happy is him is no longer here with us.

I know we all have great memories of times he made us laugh, or helped us. I think these are the best things to remember about him.

Today the sun shines through the field as we picture his sweet smiling face among the angels, no longer in pain. It is those left behind that must deal with the pain and loss we feel and while they are considerable, we can take comfort in knowing that he appreciated us.

When we remember what a fun person Miles was we can't help but smile, and as much as I am hurting today I know he is in a better place.
Somewhere where he isn't afraid every second of every moment. He can finally relax after his long years at war and the years after he was fighting the undead beside us." Rick said, in the verge of tears as Daryl and Sam lowered his wooden coffin into the shallow grave.

My face is red and raw from the nonstop crying. The pain of this heartbreak is unlike anything I've experienced.

The whippings, the beatings, the torturing... It wasn't as bad as this is. This will leave the worst scar.

Rick took the small shovel and scooped up some dirt, gently placing it on top of Miles coffin. Glenn stumbled his way up after, tears escaping his eyes as well. One by one the group sprawled dirt on his grave until it was my turn.

My body was numb and I couldn't make it. I slowly made my way to his grave, my feet dragging against the soil. Daryl came and assisted me when I bent over to get the shovel.

My body physically hurt, it hurt to move, it hurt to think. Just picturing his smile broke my heart all over again.

everything's going to be okay

You were wrong

I stepped back and Rick proceeded to pile dirt onto the grave.

"Wait!" Riley yelled. We looked her confused. "listen" she whispered, putting her fingers to her lips and squinting her eyes.

"I hear it!" Beth exclaimed, searching for the source of the sound.

"What are yo-" Glenn clamped his hand over my mouth.

Thump Thump Thump

"Where is that coming from?" Lori whispered. I shrugged my shoulders. Carl ran up to Riders half filled grave.

"Carl!" Ricks scolded as his son started to removed the dirt from the hole.

"Carl stop!" I yelled, more tears coming as the boy destroyed my brothers grave.

"It's coming from here!" He yelled in excitement as Riley and Beth helped him dig.

What?

"It's coming from here! Come on help!" Riley yelled, throwing the dirt over her shoulder. Dean came over, his hazel eyes darker then I've ever seen. He wiped his eyes and removed the rest of the dirt.

Tdog handed him a crowbar and we all waited in anticipation as he removed the cover.

"Guys..." Dean said and swayed his hands in the air. We all walked forwards and looked down.

Miles was laying in his coffin with his eyes open and his heart beating. His mouth opened and I heard the voice I never though I'd hear again

"That was kind of rude, Don't you think?"

*-*-*

1) holy shit idk go crazy tell me ur thoughts

2) Dean/Miles ship name bc MOLLY told me to make them hook up and so I did

3) do you think it was stupid?