IV: Bad Boy Shika

Start from the beginning

The Raven drooped like an unwatered flower. So much for her abilities. He would have extracted his revenge... Vengeance he longed been waiting for, but she was that tiny scrap for Konoha to be broken.

He stood up, having lost interest of the poor kunoichi. Time is running and yet he's wasting all the time he has. But something made him stop as he reached for the door.

"The nations are looking for you, you know. Hunting you down. Shikamaru and the others are on their way. You'd be dead before the time you'd make it to war."

"I will find them first." Sasuke said for the first time, "and when I do, I'll kill them all."

"Go to hell,"

Sasuke chuckled. "I'm working on it."

                                           ♕Thε Nεx† Uςhïhα ♕

                   AND DARKNESS SHALL HAVE NO DOMINATION

Team Asuma and Yamato had already left two hours ago, a cold tense excursion without many words to say. You'd think as a team, they'd leap from timber to branch with a pillow talk, but no. Truth be told, Shikamaru's mind was far from the first girl who stole his heart, as it was more focused on the woman who used to reprimand him all the time;Ino, who was just like Temari; was love at first sight. Though it was a different regard, of course, in words that couldn't be described the way a guy had loved his girlfriend and an ordinary ninja who loved his best friend.

"So..." Ino muttered sarcastically as they bolted within the woods. "How are we even going to track where the exact hideout is? Yoohoo? Hello? Kabuto? Anybody home? I mean do we even have a plan???"

"According to the information we have, it was as the exact location we found when we ran into Uchiha Sasuke." The tone of his voice has changed like the soothing weather; as if it was something that hasn't been heard for ages. "Kabuto must have rebuilt it."

"Great.. What's the plan?" Ino asked.

"The plan is we examine the hideout before attacking by force," Shikamaru said, his face now serious. "We don't want to be roaming around recklessly."

"We're almost there." Yamato said. As if on a cue, the five of them have sped on behind tree trunks.

There was nothing so special and oddly startling about the hideout, except for the filthy door entrance—a snake-like portion where in the entrway was a mouth of a serpent.

Yikes. Ino thought, as she backed off and thought that she just bumped into something really alive.

"Quit making some noise or you'll wake the dead," Shikamaru said with that serious look of his. "Shhh!" Yamato hushed them, cutting a hand. His eyes were onto something, in a mnemonic, Ino followed his glance where in three people were tramping along outside.

"Shithead."

"Look who's talkin, four-eyes."

"Shit," Ino muttered. "If they find out—"

"Actually, we're the ones who hold the cards." Shikamaru's got that proud look on his face—something Ino would refer to it as "forming-a-shitty-strategy"—that he gets when he thinks he's come up with something really juicy. He turned to Platinum Blonde, twirled a blonde lock of her hair, an electric shock shooting through within. "And you, Ino, are gonna do something for me."

*

"Ino," Shikamaru called for her, snapping her back to reality. "This could be our chance. Can you do your Mind-transfer technique?"

"Ha." Ino boasted, as he positioned her pale fingers into a pyramid sign. "I'm just getting started." An evil smile escaped her red-glossed lips. "But if I get stuck in that whore's body forever, I'm killing all of you."

"Shintenshin no Jutsu!" Ino yelled, as darkness claimed her world. And then there was the sound of an owl.

Sai caught her before anyone else did. "Did it work?"

Shikamaru just smirked. "If it didn't, Ino wouldn't be sleeping in your arms right now."

*PLAY SONG*

"Trust me, when I get my hands on you I will rip you apart limb by limb you flithy little—-"

Ino instantly halted.

"Eh? The hell you got anything else to say?"

The Ino inside Karin's body smirked emracing her smoldering victory. Now why don't we start asking the question everyone's brought back the dead and alive together for? "Where's Sasuke??" Platinum Blonde asked innocently.

Shikamaru, Yamato, Choji and Sai were watching her kilometers away, lips quievered in their most bewildering smirk. Way to go, Ino.

"Sai. Choji. Ino's off to find Temari. Don't let her get out of your sight, because before her jutsu runs off we're gonna have to ambush the Akatsuki. Captain Yamato will escort her back to the Leaf." Shikamaru orders.

"And why would I do that?" Yamato asked, in a tone suggesting the Nara boy might be up to something.

"Her protection is our priority here. Think of it as another Sasuke-retrieval mission. But this time, we're not gonna fail this once even if I have to put my life on the line."

"Because this is about you going after Sasuke. Alone." Sai chimed in, his fake smile all gone and warped out. "That's why you're sending us away."

Snap. It was like "And your point is?"

"I spent the last ten years of my life not knowing what my true emotion was, but I did understand what others speak of. You make yourself not difficult to read."

Shikamaru was searching for any accusation in his voice, but there was none.

"I see," Yamato said folding his muscular arms. "Tsunade-sama sent you an S-rank mission in retrieving the Uchiha, didn't she?"

"Shika, can't you see it? He doesn't want to be rescued." Choji says.

Shikamaru stared at the gloomy hideout, where in somewhere inside that serpent's mouth lies the seven-year-old boy who lost his family. "Sometimes people turn their backs on you and you'll never understand why."

"You're not getting this. It's the enemy you're after. Do you really think he's in the mood for a little chit-chat?"

"Geez. We're not killing anyone here, unless if someone gets in our way of retrieving Temari. If it's Taka we're after, we could just knock them off. And the last thing Sasuke needed is another sack of clumsy nincompoops to waste his time wrecking havoc with."

"Alright then, what if Kabuto gets in the way?"

"We ambush him with my Shadow-stitching jutsu."

Yamato chuckled. "And what happens if Sasuke interferes with our mission?"

Shikamaru had blown off that smoke from his face—where in he'd just lit a cigarette from Asuma's lighter. "We take them down. Set the hideout on fire," he laughs. "I'm not gonna to die a virgin."

******************************************

7.5.13