Chapter 14: Night Time Smiles

Sophia's P.O.V.

"Come on Soph!" Dylan says to me as we walk through the forest.

"I'm coming! You have longer legs so it's not fair!" I say and Dylan chuckles.

"We are almost there

"We are almost there." He says.

We walked for about 5 more minutes until Dylan stoped walking. "Are you ready to see something magical?" Dylans says with a grin from ear to ear.

"Yeah!" I say excitedly.

Dylan lets go of my hand and pushes through the bushes in front of us away and walks in. I follow him and I hear him say, "Isn't it beautiful?"

"It's amazing," I say still in awe.

We are standing on the edge of a cliff looking over Neverland and the ocean. We can see the camp and the light from the bonfire. We sit down on the edge of the cliff with our feet hanging off.

"I always come up here when I need to get away from everyone. Sometimes they bug the crap out of me," he says with a chuckle.

"I love them all but, I just need a break once in a while. I have only shown this place to James and Felix. It's a great place to think. Felix would come up here after Lily was taken away. He needed his peace and quiet. He loved her so much. It's the only time I have seen Felix actually care about someone or something. He cares about the lost boys but not as much as he did Lily. We all loved her. It was a dark time after she left. Felix finally moved on but he will never forget her."

"She meant a lot to me too," I say quietly. "She raised me. I don't know why she never told me that Hook wasn't my father. I was definitely more like my mother and not as much my father. It all makes sense now. I loved being a pirate but being a lost girl is so much more... me, I guess. I feel more at home. I don't ever want to go back to being a pirate. I am a lost girl." I say, looking Dylan in the eyes.

He smiles at me and puts his arm around my shoulders, as I lay my head down on his shoulder

He smiles at me and puts his arm around my shoulders, as I lay my head down on his shoulder. It's comforting, it is not in a flirtatious way but in a brotherly way.

"You never told me why James knows about this place?" I say to Dylan.

I hear him sigh and he takes a deep breath.

"He...he messes around a lot but is a respectable guy. He loves girls and goes after every single one of the lost girls. He even went after Lily. But Felix got to her first. He went after you, and he got to you. All he does with lost girls are bang them and then drop them. He gets what he wants and then treats them like they are nothing. Robert and I are always helping the girls get over him and they always end up either getting taken away by the pirates or back home or some even...even die. He doesn't know how to cherish anything. He is a good guy but doesn't know how to express that side of him. We have always thought that a lucky lost girl would change him for the better. At first, we thought maybe it was you. He talked about you nonstop, it was like a school boy crush. He would get all nervous whenever you started walking over to us or would talk to him. I talked to Pan and he thought that maybe you were the one for James. But Pan changed his mind suddenly and he didn't want you to be with James. I personally think that Pan wanted you to himself. So if he wants you, he gets you. Has he done anything about that yet?"

I look up at Dylan seeing him already looking at me. I sit up and face him.

"You may already know this but... Pan kissed me the other day at training." I say to him.

"I knew it! That's why he got so mad when he found out about you and James!" Dylan says with his hands in the air. "Wait so you've been with James and Pan? Ew," he says with a disgusted face.

"No! I was kissed by Pan and James

"No! I was kissed by Pan and James. I was never 'with' either of them." I say defensively.

"Okay, okay," Dylan says. I go back to how I was sitting before with my head on Dylan's shoulder. We are just sitting there in the peace and quiet. "You're beautiful Sophie." I hear Dylan say quietly.

"Dyl, you're cute too but I don-" I start to say. I don't no want to be with him either but I see him more as a brother. He is so much more like a brother than a boyfriend.

He cut me off by saying, "I wasn't suggesting we get together Soph. I was just telling you that. It's true. I feel like you are more my sister than a girlfriend," he says chuckling. Oh, thank god, I think.

"You deserve someone who will fight for you and protect you. I don't know if that will be James or Pan, but that's the kind of person you need. I will be there to protect and fight for you but in a brotherly way." Dylan says with all seriousness.

"How did I get so lucky to have a friend like you?" I say chuckling and smiling.

"We may never know," he says

"We may never know," he says. "We should get back, the sun is starting to rise."

I lift my head off of his shoulder and he takes his arms off my shoulders. Dylan stands up and offers me his hand. I take it willingly. I say a thank you. We start to walk back to camp, hand in hand.

Once we get back to the cages, Dylan unlocks mine and opens the door.

"I really wish you didn't have to go back in here. I'm sorry." Dylan says to me as I climb in the cage.

"It's okay, I'll see you soon enough," I say to him smiling. Dylan closes the cage door and locks the lock.

"Dylan, thank you for tonight. I had a great time," I say. He smiles at me.

"Anytime, it was an adventure. Now, try to get some sleep Soph." He says standing up and walking back to camp.

A/N

OMG GUYS!! THIS STORY HAS ALMOST 400 VOTES AND 9.3 K READS!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! It is also #559 in romance, lol. Love you all!!!!!

-s :)