Chapter 8: Side by Side

Sophia's P.O.V

"How old are you and where are you from?" Felix says.

"I am 17 and I have lived on a ship my whole life so I'm not really from anywhere," I say.

"My turn to ask a question," James says. "Who do you think is the best at fighting, like hand-on-hand combat? Besides Pan," he says the last part with a smirk.

"Truly, I have no idea, I've never seen any of you fight. But if I had to guess, I'd pick......" I look around at the group of boys. Felix looks pretty strong, but Dylan looks stronger. James could probably beat Dylan, but that isn't likely. Robert couldn't beat Felix. Dylan defiantly looks the strongest and most fit. "I'm going with Dylan," I say.

"Yes! That's right!" Dylan says with a smile. All the boys start to laugh and chuckle.

 All the boys start to laugh and chuckle

"Ok, my turn," Robert says. "How many guys have you dated?" All the boys are now really interested in what I have to say.

"Huh. Interesting question" I say, with a and-why-do-you-want-to-know face.

"I have had one really serious boyfriend but like six boyfriends that have all just been jerks and I only dated them for like two weeks, at most," I say

"I have had one really serious boyfriend but like six boyfriends that have all just been jerks and I only dated them for like two weeks, at most," I say. Talking about my old love life is really hard. I just have never picked the right guys to date. They always ended up treating me like a piece of crap. They only liked me for my body and appearance, not my personality.

"Ok, my turn," says Dylan. "What happened to with your serious boyfriend?"

"Uh. He um.. Did some really bad things to my family and me. It's not important." I say with a quiet tone of voice.

I really don't want any of the lost boys to take advantage of me like he did. All the boys were silent now. None of them knew what to say.

"Ok, that's enough questions for tonight," Peter says. "Sophia, you promised me you would sing us a song?" He says with a smirk.

"Umm. If you insist," I say, sighing.

"Boys! Sophia is going to sing us a song to end the night!" Peter shouts. All of them cheer and the younger ones come over a sit on the logs around the fire with the rest of us.