'The very ugly story of how I became a professional heartbreaker

It was only five years ago, and It was back then when I believed in soul mates and such. Silly me,

flashback

 I am absolutely in 'love' with my long term boyfriend of quite a few years, he just called me from work to tell me he has a surprise he took me to an expensive restaurant, paid for everything, despite my offer to pay for dinner. 

Afterwards we walked down a beach at sunset and suddenly he turned to me got down on one knee, held my hand, looked into my eyes and opened his mouth, closed it then immediately said, 'I can't do this', got up, and left me stranded there. 

I scrambled desperately for my phone. I punched in a number and waited for the person on the other end to pick up.

"Come on, come on," I quietly begged, wiping at my eyes, my makeup was obviously running and some of it may have gotten on my pink and yellow pastel sundress.

the phone rang twice.

"Hello?" I heard after a moment, I made a little sigh in relief. Thank god,

"D-Derek, just l-left me, please come get me," I pleaded

Amber, hearing the sadness in my voice tried to calm me down,

"It's okay love, I'm coming, where are you,"

"L-lover's beach," I stuttered. Just the name of such a romantic place almost launched me into another fit of tears.

It didn't take long for Amber to pick me up. But In the time it took for her to arrive. I was already left Alone with my thoughts for too long. It was too late.

 I'm normally not known for my good advice, and this doesn't apply to everyone but Gentlemen aren't what movies and all that romance bullshit that's been shoved down our throats for years by romance novels and such

love is a lie and I am determined to hurt every man to avenge every woman who ever had a man in their life that broke their heart and sometimes ruined their life. 

Because that's what men are. 

I'm just here to beat them at their own game.