15

The day's flew by so quickly that Lottie couldn't even catch one and keep it for herself. She wanted to; just one prolonged day of nothing but her and Elijah indulging in their selfish whims, sitting and speaking by the river, just anything.

The morning of the wedding, the Rays from the sun burnt in and danced along her eyelids until it slowly woke her up.

Her stomach lurched as she clapped eyes on the wedding dress, it was today, today she was going to get married.

She had already said her goodbyes to Elijah the night before. He seemed distracted, upset, and they spoke about leaving town. But it was never going to happen. She knew that.

"Maybe when everything has settled and the witches are friends with the humans; you can come and find me" she suggested "if I just disappear one day, nobody would riot"

"That sounds like a plan" Elijah clinked his glass with hers "just a few years left to wait"

"Promise me something?" She asked

"And what is that?" He replied back

"Don't leave me" her face turned serious for a second "I know that I'll be with another man but my heart belongs to you and if you leave, my heart will"

"If it were up to me I'd stay for eternity" Elijah didn't answer her question

"If it were up to you then you would be the one marrying me tomorrow" she retaliated "it was a stupid suggestion, forget that I mentioned it"

"I can promise that when I am here; you can always rely on me to be there for you" it was like a constellation prize really

"Thank you"

Lottie stood up. Feeling almost drunk on nervousness and despair. She thought she could do it, she thought she could go on as she had but this time as a wife.

"God damn you Elijah Mikaelson" she cursed. It was all his fault, she could be a normal girl in a semi normal marriage if it weren't for him.

"What have I done now?" The breeze from the window flew in and Lottie could have sworn she heard his voice, but it was probably just her imagination.

But it wasn't, as soon as his hand touched her waist, she knew he was there.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, trying to hold down the feeling of relief she had

"I had an invitation" he informed her "I took it upon myself to be the first one to see the bride"

"No wedding speak please" she hushed him "I have asked not to be disturbed until it is time for me to go downstairs; maybe we can have this moment"

They spoke for the morning until the clock struck 12 and the afternoon had been brought in.

And that was when Lottie walked behind her screen to change.

Her arms held up the top of her dress as she walked over to the tall, Lengthened mirror.

"Can you tie my strings please?" She asked as she kept staring in the mirror

Elijah walked up to her and his hands tangled between the White strings as he laced them and tightened them, earning a small huff everything. "Too tight?" He asked

"No" she smiled, laughing at his remark, usually everybody would say that it wasn't tight enough "it's fine"

Elijah's face slowly emerged in the mirror and she gave him a small smile.

"Beautiful can't begin to describe you" he remarked, his eyes wandering over the White, lace dress, wishing she was dressed for him

Lottie didn't say anything, she only reached for the halo made from white flowers with a long veil which drags along the floor. She positioned it on her head.

She means so much to him it was almost painful. He wished he could get inside her head, he would force her to let him in if he could. It was just that emotionless expression that confused him.

"I'm scared" she commented as the silence begin to creep in, a single tear dropped from her eye; revealing all of her pain.

"Don't be" Elijah knew he had to be strong for her, if not they'd both be breaking at this precise moment

"A week wasn't enough for me, Elijah" her voice saying his name only hit him harder "it was enough for me to know that I love you but I want more"

"Love?" Elijah asked, he thought telling her was too soon. He knew it was love.

"I love you Elijah" she laughed unexpectedly "it hurts that we can't be together"

"I love you too" he replied, bringing her in for a hug, as well as kissing her softly and slowly to just soak her in.

Both were completely oblivious to the crack in the door, letting a little bit of light in. Both were completely oblivious to the eye pressed against it, seeing their every move.