Chapter 12

Katalina's POV

I'm gOinG to GET You!

I quickly scrunched the note up and chucked it in my ever growing pile. I glanced at the the time on my watch. 5:00pm. Spencer will be back soon. It's been three days since his team were on the case, and they finally solved it. Penelope had contacted me before, saying how Spencer was really distracted on the case, despite three days being the usual time they finish cases. She also added how angry he was to JJ and Prentiss, including Hotch.
   The sound of knocking snapped me out of my mini daydream, making me glance at the door warily, while moving closer to Annabel who was sitting on the sofa watching tv. Secretly I grabbed my gun Derek gave me and tucked it under my shirt behind me.
   "Who is it?" I called softly.
   "It's me, Spencer." I heard Spencer say softly. I breathed a tiny sigh of relief, before opening the door for him. The sound of the door opening tore Annabel's attention away from the tv, instantly on Spencer.
   "Daddy!" she squealed, running towards him.
   "Hey!" he grunted, lifting her into his arms. "You're getting heavy."
   "I'll let you two catch up quickly." I smiled at them, before quickly leaving the living room. I glanced at the drawer and instantly felt for the key around my neck.
   "You okay?" I jumped at the sound of Spencer and turned around to see him looking at me concerned.
   "Yeah." I faked a smile. "I'm okay."
   "No you're not."
   "How would you know?" I muttered bitterly. "You didn't know I was getting a miscarriage." He pursed his lips offended, making me feel guilty. "So," I cleared my throat, "you wanted to talk to me?"
   "Yeah." he nodded. "Um. . .it's about Katherine. We want to help -"
   "And then one of you fake their death?" I interrupted. He sent me an annoyed look.
   "Just. . .can you listen to me just this once?" I sighed defeated, walking back into the living room.
   "I'm listening."
   "I want you and Annabel to be safe and be at my side at all times." I opened my mouth to speak, only to be cut off. "But obviously that's not going to happen. Listen, Rossi is having a cooking lesson, and they want you and Annabel to come - I want you to come." He looked at me hopefully. "Please? That way, I know you're going to be okay tonight."
***
Reid's POV
I finished my small 'therapy session' with Hotch and went to leave. "Reid," he called to me, "are you really alright?"
I froze on my step, my hand hovering over the door handle. "What do you mean?"
"You look more sad than usual." he said with a frown. "I've seen the other's behaviours when I talked to them. You seem more sad than them." I dropped my hand, and pursed my lips in thought. He doesn't know that Kat had gotten a miscarriage, or the fact that she left me with our daughter. He doesn't know that I'm getting a divorce. He doesn't know that I am living in hell.
"I'm. . .I'm fine." I said without looking at him. "This meeting just. . .it just brought back bad memories from the incident."
"I understand." he said, buying my lie. "You will get better. It will get better."
"I hope so." I murmured, before leaving his office.

We quietly entered Rossi's mansion, following the sound of Rossi's voice teaching the others how to make some pasta food. Out of instinct I went behind Kat and started helping her take her jacket. Surprised, she froze for a second, before allowing me to continue. "Come on, Sweetie." she murmured to Annabel. "You have to take your jacket off now too." Annabel nodded her head and started taking her jacket off. After helping Kat with her jacket, I went to quickly help my daughter.
"Daddy can you carry me?"
"Okay." I agreed immediately, lifting her into my arms. I groaned quietly. "You're getting heavy."
"Well I am in Grade One." she said in a matter-of-fact tone.
"I know." I said with a small smile. "Come on, we're late already."
We followed the sound of cooking and saw Rossi talking to the team, the others watching attentively with red wine. While talking to the team, he turned around to look at them, and spotted us instantly. He sent a wide smile to us and motioned with his head to come closer. The rest of the team turned around to see who he was talking to and saw us. Smiles immediately went on their faces, JJ's more wary than the others, worried if I was still angry at her. Sending her a small smile and nod to show I had forgiven her (a bit), I turned back to Rossi's lesson.