12 | Déjà Vu, pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"Oh, right." I felt my cheeks heat up with embarrassment and I quickly reached towards the door. I turned the knob and the both of us tumbled out of the closet, the brightly lit hallway blinding me for a second. I let out a sigh of relief, only to look up and come face to face with a bewildered-looking janitor.

"Did you two...?" the poor man exclaimed, looking back and forth between Robin and me. My cheeks turned several shades darker as I shook my head.

"No, no!" I cried weakly. "Nothing happened!"

"It's none of your business," Robin said to the man in a rather curt manner, before clamping a hand down my shoulder and steering me in the other direction.

"Hey!" I protested, wiggling out of his grip. "Why did you say that? Now he'll definitely think something happened between us!"

"He's a janitor," Robin said, almost monotonously. "In London."

"So?" I huffed, crossing my arms.

"Why are you always so concerned about what other people think about you?" Robin sighed, raising an eyebrow. "This never would've happened if you just minded your own business."

"I just happened to walk by," I defended, crossing my arms.

"You almost got caught."

"You startled me!" I yelped, pointing an accusing finger at him. Rolling his eyes, he swatted my finger away.

"What are you doing here, anyway?" he snapped.

"Siobhan insisted I come," I replied. "She said Jonah wouldn't feel comfortable with her traveling alone."

"And now you know why," Robin scoffed. Didn't have to tell me twice. Jonah probably knew about Yuko and that's why he was so skittish about Siobhan coming to visit.

"How are you friends with Siobhan?" he asked curiously. I glanced at him and pursed my lips, debating whether or not it'd be a good idea to tell him the reason why. I would have never been friends with her if not for you, idiot. Because of you I have a legion of angry fangirls after me.

"We met in the bathroom," I murmured, fiddling with my thumbs.

"She's not the kind to talk to just any stranger," he stated curiously. The familiar blank expression on his face was replaced by something different. Pure, unadulterated curiosity.

"Well, she was helping me," I sniffed, and he raised an eyebrow.

"With?" he said, beckoning me to elaborate.

"With...with stuff!" I huffed, crossing my arms.

"I might be a guy but I'm not an idiot," Robin said. "I know what a period is."

My jaw dropped and I stared at him in horror before shaking my head frantically.

"That's not what happened!" I cried out, this time I was positive I was as red as a tomato. Robin, on the other hand, looked completely calm and collected, as if he hadn't just brought up a super awkward taboo topic.

"So enlighten me," he said with a hefty sigh, rubbing his temples as if I was giving him a headache.

"Just stuff!"

Robin narrowed his eyes, irritation coursing through his icy blues. With a roll of his eyes, he snapped and said, "Whatever."

I groaned aloud before I hurried to catch up with him, afraid of getting lost in the maze of never-ending hallways again.

"What happened to Asher?" I asked curiously when the silence became too overwhelming.

Shooting a glance at me, Robin all but smirked and said, "Stuff."