Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen:

I just don't get why Alice won't let me see Edward! We're both vampires for God's sake! Its not like anything about this wedding is traditional!

My wedding dress is simple, and flows around me easily. It's plain white, with a tight bodice and then a flowing skirt with nets upon nets of lace. It has long sleeves, also made of lace, with a long train. Thankfully, no viel.

Ness and I had made an agreement that on our wedding days I was not aloud to have a viel and she was not aloud to have a train.

In what seems like no time at all I am standing at the top of the stairs with Carlisle, as I did not want my real father here. He is no father to me.

Suddenly Jasper is standing next to me, touching my shoulder lightly, easing my nerves considerably.

"Thanks Jazz," I say gratefully, as Carlisle chuckles slightly.

Jasper smiles, "I just had to calm Edward down too," He grins, before disappearing.

With the consolation that I'm not the only one who is nervous, I smile as someone taps on my shoulder.

Slowly, I turn, and scream, "NESS!"

We embrace each other fiercely, and then Ness turns to Carlisle, "Could I walk her down the isle?" She asks.

Carlisle smiles and walks down the stairs and outside to join the guests.

Ness turns to me, "Alice sent me an invitation, and they just let me go."

"Awesome!" I laugh, almost screaming in delight. She is wearing a short purple dress much like Alice's, but darker, and it isn't fluffy, just silk.

"Do you want to run down the isle?" She asks me, and I nod, although I'm afraid Alice is going to kill me.

Rosalie suddenly starts playing the wedding march, and, even though I'm in a very long dress, we bolt down the isle.

Everyone laughs as I stand in front of Edward, and he barely gets a glimpse of me before the swirl of white, blonde and purple that is my siter pulls him into a hug, spins him 360° and puts him down again.

Edward just stands there for a second, with his jacket sleeves half rolled up and a dazed and shocked expression on his face. Ness smiles, and runs to sit next to Alice.

Smiling, Edward and I take each other's hands, and say our vows.

Finally, the reception!

Alice bought food, even though everyone here is a vampire, which is basically just the Cullens and some old family friends, my only exclusive guest is Ness.

For fun, Edward and I cut a real cake and playfully take turns stuffing it into each other's mouths.

We both swallow our portions in disgust.

Ugh. How do humans eat this stuff?!

Through the night I dance with Edward, Jasper, Edward, Emmett, Edward, Carlisle, and Edward.

But soon, it is time to leave for our honeymoon, and Alice almost shoves us into the car.

What a great start to eternity.