Chapter three

*** So um, yeah, I am actually writing! I'm tired too; I didn't get to sleep until five in the morning... Sorry my last chapter was way too short, I had exam revision. Exams all done now though so I should be updating more frequently***

Chapter Three

I shook my head at Alice. She knew that I found it hard to live with three perfectly matched couples sometimes, but did she really have to think the first girl I've met who didn't already have some accosiation with us was my soulmate?

Bella literally skipped through the forest ahead of us, spinning and turning as she took in the scene around her. She looked as if she had never been in a forest before. "Bella?" Carlisle asked after a minute of walking and watching this remarkable newborn. The girl in question looked him in the eye to show she was listening. "Do you have any other family?"

Smiling, Bella replied quickly. "Yes, I have a sister and a father who are both vampires. I used to have a brother but he killed himself during the transformation." She glanced at Emmett then looked down.

Why does she seem upset by me? Emmett asked me in his mind.

I shrugged, glancing at Bella who was once again dancing ahead of us through the trees, "Tell you later," Emmett frowned.

Alice showed Bella how to hunt, which she did with amazing grace. With Alice Bella took down several mountain lions, elks and even one bear. Bella practically gluttoned herself and Jasper and Rosalie had found us in the woods by the time Bella was almost finished. Jasper watched Bella for a moment and then asked her if she would like a ride home. We all stared at him, shocked. Bella immediately felt our tension and narrowed her eyes at Jasper, "Why?" She asked.

He shrugged, "I'd like to meet the rest of your family. Carlisle just told me you have a sister and a father, correct?"

Bella nodded cautiously, running her eyes over Jasper's scars that covered his face and neck. "I do have a family, although I do not intend to drive home. Running suits me fine."

And then she ran. Running faster than we had seen her yet. Her bronze hair flew behing her as she ducked under trees and branches, keeping great care of her outfit. Then suddenly she changed course, and ran back to us. "If you want to meet them Carlisle should come too," She said to us, then ran away.

"How about you coming here later?" I called after her. Bella stopped for a moment, gave me a thumbs up, then disappeared.

***Jasper's POV***

We all watched as the newborn ran away. She had seen me as a threat, which is why she had been so eager to leave. I sighed, and Alice looked at me sympathetically. "Well that was fun!" She trilled, kissing me on the cheek.

"Alice, please," Edward said suddenly.

"Stop what?" I asked curiously.

Edward growled at Alice, who simply grinned at him. Then his growl became louder. How dare he growl at Alice like that! Then I growled at Edward. "Boys! Boys!" Esme reproached us over the noise, "What is going on?!"

"Jasper is growling at me," Edward replied.

"Because Edward growled at Alice," I retorted.

"Because Alice is being absurd!" Edward groaned, the glared at the girl in question. God, sometimes we really did act like children.

Esme sighed, "Edward, how is Alice annoying you?"

For once Edward seemed lost for words, then he opened his mouth, only to close it again. Emmett laughed at him, "Aw Eddie's lost for words!"

"Don't call me Eddie," Edward spat through clenched teeth.

A strange noise that sounded like a cross between a giggle, a groan and a sigh came from Alice's throat. "He's annoyed because him and Bella are soulmates!"

"We're not soulmates!" Edward whined.

Everyone one stood quite still, and didn't speak for an immeasurable amount of time. Carlisle was first to break the silence, "Well, Edward, don't shoot Alice down too quickly, it could be true."

"Yes Edward," Esme agreed. I felt for him; we were all ganging up on him. "But right now we need to get back to the house and get ready for our guests."

"Right," Carlisle agreed, and we all ran back to the house.

At about six three vampires knocked on our front door. Carlisle went to answer it welcomed them inside. When Bella's family and Carlisle had sat down the only place left for Bella to sit was next to Edward. Alice smirked.

"So, err..." Carlisle addressed Bella's father.

"Charlie,"

Carlisle nodded, "So, Charlie, how are you finding it at Forks?"

Charlie smiled broadly, "Ah, very good thank you! It is very nice here, being outside in the day is something we haven't been able to do for quite a few days now. It is nice, here... Very nice..." He trailed off, staring around the room, and everyone but Edward was left wondering if he meant the town or our house.

"Yes, it is a permanent residence," Edward said, answering an unspoken question.

Charlie beamed, "Ah! But here is the mind reader, tell me, what am I thinking right now?"

"Dad!" Bella and her sister exclaimed in embarrassment. We all laughed, even Rosalie.

Bella spoke up after Edward answered her Dad's question, "This is my sister," She said, gesturing towards the tall, blonde vampire who was staring up at Emmett with a confused expression, "Her name is Vanessa."

Vanessa smiled at us shyly and said, "Do you have any questions for us?"

This question caught us off guard, because we did. Or, at least, I did. "Ummm, yeah. Are you all biologically related?"

"Yes," Bella answered, avoiding my gaze.

"Who turned you?" Rosaie asked.

Bella answered again. "Our mother. After she was turned by a nomad."

"Where is she now?" Esme questioned.

Bella shrugged, "Either travelling the world or with the Vultori. She has wanted to join ever since her creator told them about her."

We all froze, tension building up in the air. I felt a great wave of sadness along with the anxiety, and realised Bella's family had become very sad. Vanessa pointed out the time to her father.

"We have to go," Charlie said abruptly. His children nodded and stood up. But they had only been here ten minutes!

"Do you really have to go so soon?" Carlisle asked.

"Yes," Charlie replies simply. He then became very nervous. "Right, so... Thanks for helping our Bella. I expect we will be seeing you again," They all seemed as if they were in a great hurry. "But we really have to go, goodbye now!"

And he slammed the door shut.

*** I know, not much of a cliffhanger. Next update will probably be tommorow. If you have any questions or POV recommendations for the next chapter, feel free to comment! Enjoy the story!***