Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"So, Bella," I said slowly. "Why do you want help?" 

She frowned at me, still not breathing. I don't want help, I need help. 

I nodded, "Okay, so Bella, why do you need help then?"

Bella looked around the room and thought, I don't want to hurt them; they don't deserve it. 

Once again I nodded, this was part of the reason we didn't hunt humans. They didn't deserve. After a minute I replied to her again, "What makes you think we can help you?" 

You seem trustworthy. 

"Do we really?" I muttered. 

Yes.

I laughed; it had been a rhetorical question. 

"Okay, I will agree to help you, but I also have to talk to my family. But first of all, what do you need help with?"

Bella looked as if she was going to sigh if she were breathing. I want to find a way to help without hurting humans.

I laughed at her slightly, "Well that's what my family specailises in." 

Then I turned to my family and motioned for them to come and sit at Bella's table. They had heard what I had said and gotten anough information out of that to take a vote about whether or not we should help her. It was tie, which was promptly broken by me in my decision to help her. 

Alice knew that we were going to help her immediately, I could read her mind and she could see my decision on my face. Lets take her to Carlisle. I nodded. 

"Hey Bella..." I said uncertainly. "Would you like to come and see our mother and father?" 

When?

"Now?" I made it sound like a question so she didn't feel pressured. 

Sure...

I smiled, "We'll stay here thank you," Rosalie and Jasper said in unison. I rolled my eyes at them. 

"Alice? Emmett?" I asked, they both smiled and nodded. "Bella?" I addressed her, she looked up. "We are going to drive you to our house, come on."

Bella stood up a little too quickly for a human, but quickly caught her self and walked at our pace. She followed me to our car and got in the back with Emmett. Alice and I were in the front. After a minute of driving Bella still wasn't breathing. "You can breath now," I chuckled. 

She let out a long breath and said, "Oh God." We all laughed and she giggled a bit with us. I pulled up to our house Bella looked shocked. Esme ran out of the house in concern and stopped in her tracks when she saw Bella. "Edward..?" She began.

"It's ok Esme, we'll explain in  a minute, is Carlisle here yet?" I answered. 

Esme glanced at Bella, "He's coming up the drive right now." 

We turned to see Carlisle's black Mercedes coming up the drive. He stopped the car and got out when he saw Bella. "Hello," He said to her politely. 

Bella assesed Carlisle. In the end she decided he wasn't much of a threat. "Hello," She said back quietly. 

Carlisle invited her into the house and we all sat down in the main room. "So Bella, why did you come to Forks?" 

Bella looked Carlisle in the eye and replied, "I couldn't stay in my old town around my friends, they smelt too good. I came here and enroled in school, which I immediately realised was a mistake because they all smell so good and my eyes are too red." 

Carlisle nodded, "So you haven't hunted at all since you were changed?" 

Bella shook her head, "No." 

Emmett looked impressed, "Seriously?! You're like a teenage girl Carlisle!" 

We all laughed slightly, except Bella who looked confused. "Bella," Alice spoke to her for the first time. "We hunt animals, we don't hurt humans. Would you like us to show you how to hunt animals? Now, I mean?" We could all tell Bella's throat was on fire. 

"Yes!" Bella exclaimed quite loudly. We laughed. 

"Come on then," Emmett smiled at her. Bella smiled back, then frowned, looking as if she was about to cry. I saw the reason in her head. 

"Oh Bella," I said, and out my hand out to her slowly. She asessed the risk of letting me touch her then deicded it was minimal, and let me rub her shoulder. "I'm sorry."

Bella frowned, "Yeah, me too." 

An elcetric shock ran up both of our arms at our touch. Leaving a sting that mesmorised us both. "Weird," Bella grinned slightly as we walked through the forest with the rest of the family. Except Rosalie and Jasper. 

Alice winked at me, thinking one word. Soulmates.