Chapter Five

Chapter Five

"You're very beautiful," We said at the same time, then we both chuckled nervously, then we tried to walk past each other, but ended up walking into each other.

"Sorry," We mumbled awkwardly.

"See you at school!" Edward called as I walked away.

I grinned and waved at him, "See you!"

***Carlisle's POV***

I grinned at my son as Bella strode away. He turned to me, sensing my amusement. "Don't start."

Smiling, I replied, "I won't, just hope Emmett doesn't find out."

Edward grimanced at the thought.

"Let's head back," He suggested; I nodded.

We ran back to the house, only to find two people sitting on the porch. Alice and Bella. "Alice wants to talk to you," Edward told me.

"Hello," I greeted them, seating myself next Alice.

"Hey Carlisle," Alice said, smiling how she always did when she wanted something.

I sighed at my 'daughter', still smiling. "What would you like Alice?"

"Well..." Alice began, giving me the puppy dog look. I nodded, showing her I was listening. "There's going to be a storm in a couple of weeks and I wondered if Bella's family could play with us too."

I could tell Alice hadn't proposed this to Bella because her glistening crimson eyes widened in shock. Edward sighed at her beauty.

"Sure Alice," I replied, wondering why she made such a fuss over asking me. "But it is up to Bella."

Alice turned to her and waited. Bella looked kind of sheepish. "We don't know how to play baseball."

Emmett laughed from inside, and Bella looked as if she was about to cry. "Anyway," Bella said, not giving us a chance to answer. "I better get going, see you in school."

And she was gone.

"Let's go inside," I suggested, Alice and Edward went inside before me.

"Hey Eddie," Emmett called. "You never told us, why do I make the girl's family sad?"

Edward ignored the name Emmett used for him and spoke, "You make Bella's family sad because you look exactly like their lost brother."

Emmett's smile faded, taking everyone else's with it. "Oh," Was all he said.

***Emmett's POV***

The reason why I made Bella's family sad made eveyone else sad too. I felt for Jazz. "Oh," Was all I said; for the first time in my life I was stuck for words.

"Wow! Emmett's doesn't have anything to say! IT'S A MIRACLE!" Alice exclaimed, effectively lightening the mood. I scowled at her.

School the next day was surprisingly fun. In the morning we watched a Bella arrived on a motorbike, looking particularly hot as she removed her helmet, shaking down her long, shimmering hair. Edward sighed quietly behind me; we all laughed.

We watched as Bella smiled at us and ran over to us. I noticed she didn't have a bag with her.

"Where's your bag?" Edward asked her, smiling broadly.

Bella's eyes widened, "Aw no! I knew I forgot something!"

We all laughed, and Bella ran at vampire speed through the nearby woods towards her home.

My family and I stopped when we saw it. The house was small and white, with the charm of a country house. Bella glanced at us and giggled, "You can come inside if you like."

The inside was pretty. Pretty crazy. Paper, pens and other craft things littered the floor. We followed Bella into the kitched, where Vanessa sat on top of a pile of deep red and orange leaves, holding one in her hand. Her face lit up when she saw Bella, "Hey Bells!" Vanessa exclaimed, grabbing her sister's hand and grinning. Vanessa jumped into the pile of leaves and pulled out an empty red backpack.

Bella kissed her sister on the cheek. "Thanks Ness. Help me find my books?"

Vanessa started to syphon through the leaves at a vampire pace, occasionally pulling out a book or two. "Where's dad?" Bella asked casually as she threw the sofa cushions back into the sofa, having just looked under them.

Vanessa replied from under a pile of leaves. "He went hunting."

Bella looked at the leaves, shocked, "Really? Shouldn't you have gone with him?"

"Nah, he's just in the woods."

Then a biology book and an english book were thrown at Bella's bag from two different directions. The two books landed neatly in Bella's bag. "Thanks Ness," Bella smiled as she zipped up her bag. Watching her and her sister had been surprisingly enjoyable.

"Bye! I'll help you with your project after school," Bella waved to her sister. "Sorry about that," She said to us as we walked through the front door.

"No problem," Alice chimed.

"What's your sister's project anyway?" Jasper asked curiously.

Bella smiled, "She's redecorating her room. She wants wall to have a tree on it. It was originally going to be painted on but she just loves an excuse to collage."

"Your sister must be really annoying," I commented. Bella raised her eyebrows at me, so I carried on. "I mean, it must be weird to live in a house full of leaves."

"Oh no," Bella shook her head. "We got used to it a long time ago. It's just who she is."

We arrived at the school just as the bell rang. Great, I had Science with Jasper and Eddie. Jasper glanced at me mischievously, Edward was going to hate us after this.