Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

***Bella's POV***

Bella! What the hell was that?! Why the hell did I say that?! What's wrong with me?!

Maybe I could add something... I think we should be more than friends, perhaps...

No! No! No! He was already suspecting the worst. I might as well leave it at that.

***Edward's POV***

So she doesn't think we should be friends... Fine, so she definitely doesn't like me... I wish I could have seen this earlier in het family's minds... But then again I.never hear their thoughts l, because Bella always has her shield around them.

I wish she didn't; I could have saved myself from the crushing feeling in my chest, suffocating me.

So this is what heartbreak feels like.

"Fine," I snap, striding towards my next class. For the first time since she arrived, I didn't look back.

At lunch my family and I sat at pur usual table, not leaving a space for Bella.

The girl who broke my heart.

But it seemed like Bella would never enter the canteen.

However, she was in biology.

And she ignored me.

And I ignored her.

And biology gained a new darker meaning.

"FOR GOD SAKE ALICE SHUT UP!" I roared as I drove my family home. Alice had been thinking of Bella all the way home, and was so sick of Bella.

Alice shrank down in her seat, and the rest of them glared at me. But I didn't care. I couldn't care.

I could only care about Bella.

"Touchy, touchy," Emmett joked. But I gave him the glare that silenced him no matter what the situation.

When we got home I just went straight to my room and became even more grumpy than usual. My family tried to comfort me with their thoughts. Only my siblings knew what had happened but I was sure my parents would find out soon enough.

***Vanessa's POV***

Bella flew into the house at lighting speed, went straight to her bedroom, flung herself into her bed then began to sob tearlessly into the pillows.

"Bells!" I say, alarmed. "What happened?"

"I-I-I t-told Edward we sh-sh-shouldn't be friends!" She wailed, her angel's voice muffled by the cotton pillow covers.

"And he turned you down?" I asked uncertainly, thinking she had declared her devine love for him.

"No," Bella sobbed, but still managing to sound confused. "I told him we shouldn't be friends."

Then I understood.

"Why would you do that?!" I exclaimed. "You love him!"

"Just go away Ness, I don't want to talk," Bella snapped.

"Bells..." I began.

"Vanessa just go away!" Bella yelled at me. When she uses my full name I know she's serious.

So I quietly crept backwards out her bedroom door.

God, I couldn't stand to see Bella in so much pain. I didn't like to see her so alone. I couldn't bear to think of how school must be for her now she's seperate from the Cullens.

"Hey Bells," I chimed as she finally came downstairs the next day.

"Ness," She nodded in my direction.

"I'm going to school with you today!" I told her.

She raised her eyebrows. "Does dad know about this?" She asked.

"Yeah, course!" I grinned, "I got him to make a phone call, cause you know he's still on his hunting trip."

"Yeah, hunting trip..." Bella said, but we both knew our father was lying whenever he left the house.

"Come on!" I sang, so excited. "We don't want to be late!"

"Sure..." Bella said, unsure.

When we arrived at the school Bells took me to the main office. I was given a map of the school and timetable almost exactly the same as Bella's. Except, like in my old school, I was in an advanced chemistry class.

"Awesome!" I laughed.

"Come on, we've got English first," Bella smiled at my enthusiasm, and we walked to English together.

As I walked in I noticed the shockingly pretty black haired girl sitting at the back. Alice. I went to sit next to her while Bella sat on her own.

Alice leaned past me to look at Bella. "Ridiculous," She muttered.

I was about to answer but as I did I breathed in through my nose, smelling the humans for the very first time. It was delicious, but I managed to stay in my seat by cutting off my air supply.

I had maths next, which was luckily a Cullen free zone.

The, chemistry. My jaw dropped as I walked in, and saw all three Cullen boys sitting at a table together.

Emmett and Jasper were glancing at Edward, frowning. Edward, on the other hand, looked like he would be crying if it were possible.

Bella and Edward love each other too much to let each other go, and they know that.

Only they don't know that it's the same for both of them.