chapter one

***short chapter alert***

"Jewel, focus." my best friend Laney said as she snaps her fingers in front of my face.

"What the hell are you staring at?"

She turned around to look where I was caught in a daze.

There sat a man, blonde hair, blue eyes, and a ring that hung on his lower lip. He looked like a model from the magazines or billboards that you see almost everyday.

"Oh damn. No wonder you are in lala land." she turns back to me and waves her hand in my face.

"Okay okay. stop you'll make a scene." I whisper-shout at her.

She continues to talk about her relationship with Michael and how they love each other soooo much.

Then he moves.

Closer, and closer.

"Hey." his accent thick and attractive as ever.

"Hi." I freeze up and feel the urge to vomit but hold it back.

"I'm Luke, I noticed you looking at me." he slightly giggles and smiles.

Oh fuck.

"Um, I'm sorry. I know it's rude."

"It's okay. Um, do you want to call me sometime?"

"uh, yeah sure that'd be cool." I give him a half smile as he takes my phone and enters his number.

"See you later." he winks and leaves the pizzeria.

"Oh shit!!" Laney exclaims as he leaves causing me to become flushed with embarrassment.

"If you guys date I hope your mom likes him." she says.

"Would you stop." I laugh and brush off what just happened.

"So tell me, are you and Michael fucking?"